Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after reading all the advice, I began to feel guilty about the syntec I dumped into my truck. I know, I need help.. I think it is my OCD problem. Prozac not doing it anylonger.

I found Mobil Delvac 1 Synthetic Heavy Duty oil 5w40. If I remember correctly, you guys said this was a really good oil. And it should be for the price I paid for it. It was $25.00 for a gallon. I got it at the Speedway Truck stop. They said any speedway truck stop can order it for you guys if you were looking for it. LUckly, my truck takes 3.78 qts.. So 4 is perfect. Because I wasn't buying another bottle to top off.. How come this Delvac 1 is more expensive then Mobil 1? Does it have a better additive package then Mobil 1? comments appreciated. Frank
patriot.gif

quote:

Does it have a better additive package then Mobil 1?

I'd say different. More additives I think. One of the other guys might know. Very good oil. Not sure if it's the best Mobil oil for gas engines though. I have 2gallons I eventually plan on running at some point.

[ June 23, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Well, I guess "Better" wasn't the right word. From the numbers it appears to be a very good oil. Thanks for your comment Also, seems like I could run this year round, flows at -65 or somthing like that.

Check the TFOUT oxidation resitance no's on the LE oil post. 829 the highest. Falex wear was 12, pretty decent too. A dose of Schaeffers #132 and this could be exceptional IMO. MK any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back