Delvac 1 Wear Rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody got any data on the wear rates of Delvac 1 and using what test? Maybe Terry can answer this question...

Thanks,

Oz

Delvac 1 is an excellent oil. Assume you're talking here about 5W40.

What specifically are you looking for:

Wear metal in mg/hour,
Four-Ball wear tests,
V-Block Wear Tests?

I have some wear (bench testing) data on the 5W40, and maybe the 15W40.

MolaKule, AWESOME!!! Please post them all! Yes, I am referring to Delvac 1 5W40 Synthetic. I was more curious about the 4-ball wear test and then compare it to AMSOIL and Schaeffer (if one exists). But if you have more, then that's great too!

Thanks,

biggthumbcoffe.gif

Oz

Theres a post on the TDI forum about D1 wear rates. I think it was cam wear rate and something like .001 in 30,000 miles dropped to .0002 in 130,000 miles using D1.

sprintman -> Thanks, I'll do a search in TDIClub.com and take a look. However, MolaKule's numbers might prove a bit useful as I can compare them to, let's say, AMSOIL.

dragboat ->

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000087

TDI on Mobil D1 by Troy_Heagy. I'm not sure what you mean by metallic additives. But hopefully the Troy_Heagy analysis will answer your question.

Regards,

Oz

Oz, here is what I have (A slightly older formulation of Delvac 1, 5W40; I assume the numbers are somehwat better now since they have had time to tweak it since this test was done):

CAT 1M-PC
Ring Side Clearance - Loss mm - 0.012
Piston, ring, and liner scuffing - 0
Piston Ring sticking - 0

CRC-L-38 (3X, 120 hr)
Bearing Wt. Loss, mg - 20 mg

Extended 128 hr. Seq. IIIE
Cam and Lifter Wear - um, 5.2

In Gas Engine, 50,000 miles accumulated, 25,000 mile Oil Drain Interval, 2.0L, I4;

Oil Cons. averaged 6,000 miles/qt
Oil Vis. Increase@40 C - 15%
Used Oil TB - 8.4
Emissions in Gas Engine for above:
HC - 0.2
CO - 1.85
NOx - 0.60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back