Delo/Delvac/Rotella and Auto-RX

I would like to begin the process of gradually cleaning out my engine with Auto-Rx. The question is, what oil should I mate it with? I would like to use a cheap but good dino oil such as Chevron Surpreme, but I am leaning towards combining it with one of several fleet oils. 1) What are your recommendations for a dino oil? Since the oil will probably be changed in less than 1,000 miles, is just about anything OK to use? 2) If I choose to go with a fleet oil, would the detergent package be too robust? I would like to slowly and safely cleanse the engine internals, not flush it out all in one foul swoop. Thanks.

I think that Delo 400 or Delvac 1300S would work great for your cleaning if you decide to use a CI rated oil. Mobil Drive Clean or Chevron in the weight that you normally use would be my first choice. JMO

I'm running Auto-RX with SuperTech oil for 750-1000 miles and then I will be using Delvac Super S for the 1500 miles afterwards. Then onto Synthetics for me!

quote:
Originally posted by 59 Vetteman: I think that Delo 400 or Delvac 1300S would work great for your cleaning if you decide to use a CI rated oil. Mobil Drive Clean or Chevron in the weight that you normally use would be my first choice. JMO
What's wrong with Rotella?

Justin, Nothing wrong with the Rotella, I like their 5W40 for cold weather but not cost effective at 12.88 gal for this application. [Wink]