Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by userfriendly:
Well, it meets Mack EO-M plus.
What else matters?
Base group?

EO-N Premium Plus '03
grin.gif

Ok, 99 and later extended drain up to 50,000 miles= EO-M+, must be multi-grade and CH-4.
EO-N+, above CI-4 and what else for premium+ ??
edit for next post below.
I have a 5 gallon pail of the stuff and one 4 litre jug left from the last time I bought Delo 5W40.

[ November 12, 2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: userfriendly ]

I asked my local Mobil/Chevron distrubtor about this oil. I wanted to see how the price compared to Delvac 1.

They told me that it only comes in 55 gallon drums (or maybe they said that is the only way they get it -- I don't remember). Either way, it won't work for me. I need Gallon bottles or maybe a 5 gallon pail although I find the pails hard to pour from without making a mess.

It comes in quarts, 12 to a case. I have some people who swear by it, but I've never been given a used sample to analize. Target formulation is:

Delo Synthetic 5w40
Boron Calcium 3140-3800
Magnesium Phosphorus 1290-1570
Zinc 1440-1740

Well, we'll see how it goes. I just ordered a case of quarts to try it out. It comes in quarts, gallons, pails, & drums. My cost was around $15/gallon shipped for the 5W40.

I'm really pleased with the Delo 400 conventional but I'm happy to be able to go with something thinner.

[ November 12, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Randy ]

Hmm... I got to go back there and stir things up. Sounds like they have a case of "we don't stock it so it doesn't exist". Which also means don't bother us.

They must not move any of that oil since they seem pretty well stocked with most other stuff I've asked for in the past.

This wasn't in stock. They had to order it from Chevron, so I got to choose in what format i wanted it.

I've looked around the site a bit. I saw one post where someone said they thought that the 5W40 was groupIII and groupIV but that the 0W30 was all PAO. Not sure what that means, but only saw it in one post so who knows??
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back