Delo 400 XLE 10w-30 in gas 4 cyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up 4 gallons of Delo 400 XLE 10w30 diesel oil a few months ago, with plans on using it in a vehicle that has now been sold. What are the chances it could be used (effectively) in a '91 Mazda B2600I 2.6L fuel injected 4 cyl? If not the Mazda, maybe a '94 4.0l Jeep 6 cylinder?

Absolutely. Will be a superb oil in either of your vehicles, especially down in Georgia. I'd run it year round down there... it's a great oil, it went 6500 miles in my Odyssey earlier this year and was a fabulous oil. I switched back to a 5W30 for winter since there's no telling how cold it may get here in winter. I have 13 gallons of this oil left on the shelf.

That's some great oil.
Ran it over 6k miles in my 97 Accord and had no issues .
I should of stocked up on it when it was on sale back in the day.

How many hours or miles do you guys think is possible on a syn blend like this [CK4] in a gasoline engine? [talking on average, and not GDI. PFI.]

Currently using it in a 2016 Ford edge with the 2.0l Ecoboost.

It's ck4/sn rated and the current spec sheet lists sn plus. In applications where higher phosphorus/zinc content are not required it's great.

It will be run to olm change interval.

If I had a Jeep 4.0 I'd run that oil. It'll work great in your other car too. I currently have it in my older Chevy gas truck. No problems!

Now I wish I'd bought more!
wink.gif

The Mazda currently has around 220k miles, and the Jeep is closer to 168k...I should have enough oil for both to last me until 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back