Delo 400 Multigrade... 275 ppm Moly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke to the Delo 400 distributor, he said, the Delo 400 Multigrade has had a formulation change, it now has 275 ppm of Moly. Can anyone confirm that?

Originally Posted By: LoveOil
Some people are confusing Delo 400 Multigrade with Delo 400 LE.

Is that a CI-4 or CI-4+ lube or something like that? There seem to be a lot of them available down under. Up here, we have our share, too, but the majors abandoned them long ago, leaving them to the smaller blenders. I don't think Chevron, Shell, or Mobil offer anything that isn't CJ-4.

That explains the confusion exhibited by us in North America. Such a product is difficult to find up here. To add to the confusion, Imperial Oil just recently got rid of their listings of the older Esso lubes, even though they weren't available for ages.

Even Delo 400 CJ4 looks deadly...that recent VOA on pqiamerica showed really well...with numbers like that almost makes Delo multigrade a non issue

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: LoveOil
Some people are confusing Delo 400 Multigrade with Delo 400 LE.

Is that a CI-4 or CI-4+ lube or something like that? There seem to be a lot of them available down under. Up here, we have our share, too, but the majors abandoned them long ago, leaving them to the smaller blenders. I don't think Chevron, Shell, or Mobil offer anything that isn't CJ-4.

I believe we can get Delo 400 Multigrade from the distributor.
Mobil offers Delvac MX which is CI4+. North American marine distributors offer Delvac 1 SHC which is designed for European engines (ACEA E4, MB 228.5) but is sort of CH4 by virtue of meeting Mack EO-M.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back