Delo 400 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are interested in this kind of stuff. . .

It went down to 21F last night (probably much lower than that with the windchill factor) and the car started right up with no problems. No tapping or clatter.

By the way, I know that the Delo has a pour point of -39F.

Anybody know what this Caltex Delo 400 15W-40 is? Is it the same as the regular Delo 400? The spec sheet says it's the fist oil to meet the Global DHD-1 specification. I'm not familiar with DHD-1.

quote:

Originally posted by Randy:
-*-*-* The spec sheet says it's the fist oil to meet the Global DHD-1 specification. I'm not familiar with DHD-1.

It is like a Spec ACEA Ax BX Ex, or Mack xxxx, or CES-xxxxxx or any of the other specific requirements of a specific MFG.
If you have a Diesel? then pay more attention to the spec

I have had my Redline 5W40 done to 17F so far with no adverse issues. It should get down to -7 to -20 in the next couple of weeks so we will see how it does. My application is extreme cold soak as it is out side 24 hours a day 7 days a week!

Well looking at some graphs for Mobil 1 and regular Mobil regular oil.. I found that Mobil 1 is safe to about -15F that would translate to an equivalant viscosity for a 15W-conventional at about +5 F. That would be my practical limit-FWIW
rolleyes.gif
. Also bear in mind that at even at 20F for a conventional motor oil-you aren't doing yourself a whole lot of favors. Don't mean to imply that its a realy really bad thing-just not the best. BTW forget the pour point numbers-they mean next to nothing IMHO
smile.gif

I believe Caltex Delo 400 MG is the same as the US Delo 400 MG. I say this mostly because both the US and Caltex adds and newsletters claim to be the "first" to pass those tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back