Dello 400 @ OReilly's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by the local OReillys today and every jug of Delo 15w-40 was marked at 7.99(gal.), this is down from 8. something that I have been seeing it for at various places for the past year. Not really a special but thought I would give ya'll the heads up. I really went in to look over the ATF situation, but 2 more just happened to come home.

A new O'Reilly's opened up recently down the road. They had some *really* old Delo. I think it was SF rated and the bottles look like they went through the first war in the gulf. Dunno why they'd offer this old oil at full price rather than writing it off the inventory.

TNS, where those the old sytle bottles? Since delo is a diesel oil I never pay attention to the S rating. As long as it is CH or better it should be good, the stuff this one has is CI4+ formula.

Those old bottles are still on the shelf as of this morning! Delo 400 straight 40wt in full "chevron-blue" old-style bottle, dated 3/26/1996. Rated SF, CF-2/SH (IIRC).

Everything in the world has changed since then. I doubt anyone will buy it for nearly $2/qt.

If you have Advance Auto Parts in your area...

they have Delo 15w40 in quarts for 79 cents. They are closing out Delo in quarts.....but they will still carry Delo in gallons, thats $3.16 a gallon.

3.16 a gallon? thats a steal! its like 8ish everywhere else right now...

I think he meant that 79 cents times 4 will cost you 3.16 for a gallon equivalent- 4 quarts. Their gallons are still at full price is what I am reading from his post.

A local Napa store that just opened up a few months ao has Delo 400 15w-40 for $3.29 per 1qt bottle! All the bottles are dated early '05.

Clearly price gouging.
mad.gif

Our Local Napa is Always so high priced on everything.

Over the last 2 yrs, they have gone from 4 delivery drivers to 1.

And only 4 behind the counter employees.

Their parking area is always empty and AutoZones and Oreillys is always very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back