DELL SupportAssist

I am unable to update or run the DELL SupportAssist program. I have deleted the program and reloaded it several time to no joy. Suggestions would be appreciated. Ed

I don't understand your answer. I want to use the DELL support program. I've used it for 5 years but, it "checks for updates" and finds an update. When it tries to load the update it seems to update but, says there is an error and try again. Frustrating. Ed

I've had 4 Dell desktops and never had any use for their "support program". Worthless, IMHO. I haven't looked lately, but at one time they had very popular and useful web forums for support. Any help I needed was provided there. Your mileage may vary.

I used the Dell SupportAssist for all my Dell computers. I run it once a month and it gives me a quick once over and checks for any updates. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I did uninstall and reinstalled it and now it is working. :))

i pretty much removed all of the dellware on mine. just kept a few good programs. i have a separate "dell update" program but if i were you id ditch it and use AVG Driver updater. works best of all the free ones. may have to uninstall and re install it periodically to reset the trial but i seldom update drivers anyway.

The dell command update application includes a nice feature, if you put a fresh version of windows on there, you can feed it the ISO with all the dell drivers on there, and it will load them one at a time automatically. Just reloaded a couple precision machines for resale here.

I don't understand your answer. I want to use the DELL support program. I've used it for 5 years but, it "checks for updates" and finds an update. When it tries to load the update it seems to update but, says there is an error and try again. Frustrating. Ed
5 years. They probably sunset that model you have already and no longer update it.

Yes software needs to be tested whenever they update something and sometimes they just ignore the older models after a few years. You are likely in the no longer supported category despite the computer still being useful. At this point they probably won't do anything for your computer anymore. Maybe time to just uninstall it.

Bonus is you free up some resources those Dellware was hogging and your computer would be slightly faster afterward.

It may not update due to conflict with older Dell Update, I'd suggest you uninstall Dell Update and other Dell update related software from Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then reinstall the app you wanna use.
As an alternative you may wanna try Dell Command Update.

Back