Deliver me from temptation...

I briefly considered white, but......I'm bored with it.

2017 ST.jpg

You'd look much better in that Mustang than that Focus! Two women were hanging out laundry when one of their husbands turned his headlights on the hanging laundry. One woman asked what he was doing. The other said he's trying to focus. The other said incredulously Both of Us!

And the dealership b.s. begins. I submitted an online request about the car, and someone called me. I was able to confirm that I do qualify for all the rebates listed on the website, however, he did caution me that there is a $899 add-on for dealership-installed 'accessories'. Window tint, wheel locks, door edge guard film, and door handle cup film. That's quite a markup on a bunch of stick-on and screw-on stuff. I do want tint, but not at that price. Wheel locks are much more affordable coming from Amazon. My Focus's door handle pockets look great without film, as do the door edges. I love the ol' "shove it down your throat" way of selling things.

We'll see where this leads.

Your Brother-In-Law got a good deal on an Edge because nobody else wants them. Evidenced by an availability of a 2020 in the 2nd quarter of 2021. If you buy a replacement vehicle and it's a popular model don't expect a great discount.

Just the opposite, I get attached to vehicles, I had my 91 Bronco for 22 years. Out of all the muscle cars making a come back the Mustang looks the best.
I've had my Club Sport for over 25 years and my Wrangler for 19 years, but I still flip my fun car/track rat every 5-8 years.

It lead to a brick wall. Well, the whole interaction was good for a laugh, anwyay.

View attachment 55118
I've come to the point where I rarely shop cars outside of the 4 or 5 stores where I've been treated with respect. In 2015 I tried to buy a CPO 2015 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package from an Indiana Ford dealer The lies started with the dealer ad and expanded exponentially from there.
I derived great satisfaction from the car remaining on their lot for weeks after I walked out, finally being listed for less than I had offered...

I've come to the point where I rarely shop cars outside of the 4 or 5 stores where I've been treated with respect. In 2015 I tried to buy a CPO 2015 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package from an Indiana Ford dealer The lies started with the dealer ad and expanded exponentially from there.
I derived great satisfaction from the car remaining on their lot for weeks after I walked out, finally being listed for less than I had offered...
Car dealer and respect should never be used in the same sentence. Years ago (1983 if I recall correctly) I was planning to buy a Nissan pickup. I'd shopped at several dealers. I went to a Nissan dealer in Nashville that had the exact truck I was looking for. I asked the salesman what he'd take for it and he quoted me a price about $600 or $700 below what every other dealer had quoted so I told him I'd take it. When we got inside he started trying to go up on his price. That was the first and last salesman I ever saw use that strategy. I walked out quicker than I walked in and never went back.

I don't know if his game is to throw out numbers, expecting me to counter, or if he was serious about these numbers, but they're so absurd that I didn't even bother. That dealership is heavier than most I've seen on their fees as well, so they can keep it.

Car dealer and respect should never be used in the same sentence. Years ago (1983 if I recall correctly) I was planning to buy a Nissan pickup. I'd shopped at several dealers. I went to a Nissan dealer in Nashville that had the exact truck I was looking for. I asked the salesman what he'd take for it and he quoted me a price about $600 or $700 below what every other dealer had quoted so I told him I'd take it. When we got inside he started trying to go up on his price. That was the first and last salesman I ever saw use that strategy. I walked out quicker than I walked in and never went back.
Actually I've dealt with 5 BMW dealers, 2 Mazda dealers, 2 Jeep and 1 Ford dealer- all of which treated me fairly without any games.

Actually I've dealt with 5 BMW dealers, 2 Mazda dealers, 2 Jeep and 1 Ford dealer- all of which treated me fairly without any games.
I've had way more good experiences than bad, and Mazda dealerships really shine in the "no BS" way of doing business. This kind of experience tells me that there are a lot of people out there who are going for deals this ugly, which is sad if we're talking about people who are in a tight financial situation and have a trade-in that's on its last legs. The bottom feeders wouldn't bother drawing up a deal this one-sided if they didn't work on a substantial number of car buyers.

He did at least tell you about the profit packs before you got there. I absolutely hate when they hide that from you until negotiation time.

Sell it to Carvana and work them for a decent purchase price on the Mustang. I'd bet you can do fairly well on it. While the game playing dealers are a pain to work with, I have found those are usually the dealers that will make decent deals in the end if you are willing to push through all the game playing.

I'm giving some thought to these two. I can fly to Fort Myers, FL, pick up this 2020 and stop by my parent's house on the way home, making it a little mini vacation. Or just pick up this Certified 2018 a few miles from my house. Pondering.....
Screenshot_20210424-092336_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-092550_Chrome.jpg

Back