Deliver me from temptation...

Used car values are unreal right now. When combined with leftover 2020 discounts, it's impossible to ignore....by design, I'm sure.

I am so tempted.....I paid $17K for the Focus a year ago. My brother-in-law just traded his year-old Equinox for a leftover 2020 Edge because of the crazy amount they allowed him for the Equinox. The only thing slowing me down right now is it will require a round-trip drive to Austin. Why do I look at this stuff???? I'm tempted to throw these numbers at the dealer to see if they'll bite.

Temptation.jpg

I forgot to add I have a 2915 Ford F150 with the 2.7 and is gets good mpgs with how I drive it and it seems much faster that is is. I enjoy the engine. Take the car for a serious test drive first though.

That's how I wound up with the Cobalt. Just browsing online and sent the dealer an inquiry never expecting them to give me a good deal.

I was wrong. And am glad I was.

Life's too short; if you can swing it, I say go for it.

Although I hate trendy sayings, you really only do live once. If you can afford it and you will enjoy it then why not?

Just don't buy things thinking they will make you happy.

Used car values are unreal right now. When combined with leftover 2020 discounts, it's impossible to ignore....by design, I'm sure.

I am so tempted.....I paid $17K for the Focus a year ago. My brother-in-law just traded his year-old Equinox for a leftover 2020 Edge because of the crazy amount they allowed him for the Equinox. The only thing slowing me down right now is it will require a round-trip drive to Austin. Why do I look at this stuff???? I'm tempted to throw these numbers at the dealer to see if they'll bite.

View attachment 55091
If that’s what floats your boat BUY IT! At 35 I cashed out a re-fi to buy my 1988 M6. My only regret is that I sold it.

That's how I wound up with the Cobalt. Just browsing online and sent the dealer an inquiry never expecting them to give me a good deal.

I was wrong. And am glad I was.

Life's too short; if you can swing it, I say go for it.
I bid on a 1975 2002 on eBay thinking my bid was way too low. Wrong. I kept it for 7 years; it even ended up serving as my son’s first car.
Again, NO regrets.

This is the worst part of my personality....I haven't needed any of them. And there have been many.
What's wrong with your Focus ST? Will the Mustang 2.3 be faster/more fun to drive?

Or is it just a matter of getting a new shiny toy? If so, that's fine. I'm not judging. But in that case you don't need anyone to convince you or talk you out of it. :)

What's wrong with your Focus ST? Will the Mustang 2.3 be faster/more fun to drive?

Or is it just a matter of getting a new shiny toy? If so, that's fine. I'm not judging. But in that case you don't need anyone to convince you or talk you out of it. :)
The Mustang's definitely got more oomph, they're really comfortable, and I love the looks. Absolutely nothing wrong with the ST. It still looks shiny and new at 4 years old, and it's pretty fun for what it is. FWD is the major drawback of that car.

The one thing I'm fickle about in life is cars. I keep any other thing until it breaks, or leaves on its own.

I bore of cars easily. In some cases, I get sick of certain characteristics that I couldn't have known about until I've lived with it for a while. I may just be subconsciously trying for a re-do of the 2018 Mustang coupe I got rid of fairly quickly because I hated the 10-speed. I think if I'd gotten that car with the manual transmission, I'd probably still have it.

Most everyone has hobbies that can get expensive at times. I think this may be mine.....trying out different flavors of 'ice cream' instead of sticking with one flavor my entire life. I should probably spend the money on a therapist instead of a new car.

Well at least get the v8! 🏎️ 🏁

I also went from a FOST to the Mustang. Both fun cars, completely opposite personalities. Always wanted a v8 and was finally in the right place financially and insurance wise.

Now is a great time to upgrade for sure. I'm getting cash offers from all the major used car places for what I paid new for my GT. I'm actually talking to a Roush certified Ford dealer about upgrading to a 2021 supercharged coyote, all under warranty. 700hp for $41k. You can't beat that.

Back