Delete Quicktime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just uninstalled QuickTime 7 and installed the VLC Media Player, which seems really nice! Plays my old QuickTime (.MOV) files perfectly.

I noticed VLC Media Player will not play .GIF files ... figured it could, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I noticed VLC Media Player will not play .GIF files ... figured it could, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Usually they open in IE.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Usually they open in IE.

Yep ... that's the only thing I have that will play GIFs.

Well, they're not really a video, maybe VLC is being snobbish.
wink.gif

You don't really need a "player" for GIFs. You can just open them with any web browser.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
I have deleted Quicktime and downloaded the VLC. Thank you all.

How do you like the VLC program? Was there any 'add ware' involved with it? It think I'll smoke QuickTime also and download VLC if it's decent.

Like I said I don't really understand computers or the programs, so I guess the best answer I can give you is I didn't notice anything different. Video's play, and everything else seems the same to me. I have not gotten any pop ups or up sale ads with the VLC. Hope that helps.

^^^ Thanks. I uninstalled QuickTime and installed VLC a few days ago. VLC seems to be very solid, and I did notice on their website it said it contained no adware.
thumbsup2.gif

^^^ Thanks. I uninstalled QuickTime and installed VLC a few days ago. VLC seems to be very solid, and I did notice on their website it said it contained no adware.
thumbsup2.gif

One of the beautiful things about open source software is that if they ever did enclose ads or anything else found to be a detriment to the project, anyone so inclined could "fork" the project, re-brand it and release it under a new name without the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back