Delayed credit from Home Depot return?

Hey folks:

I returned a couple items to Home Depot on the 23rd. The returns were two separate purchases - so on 2 different credit cards.

I was expecting confusion - but everything went smooth, and the receipt shows both refunds going back to the correct cards.

I'm still not seeing credits to either card. Is this normal?

Three business days, too early to panic, especially during holiday season. I think some say up to 10 business days, which 'ime' would be the long end. Relax and give it more time. Worse comes to worse with a CC can 'always' dispute a charge. That said, very doubtful that will be necessary.

^^ that... typically companies state "5 to 7 business days"

Example = I recently purchased/ordered contact lens in a Doctors office, before I left the office I noticed they were $30 more then they were supposed to be. They took my card back and credited me the $30. However the full charge still showed up in my account and only after 5 business days did the credit show up, even though it was all in the same day, within minutes of each other.

__

Like others said you're fine.

I got triple charged once and it didn't show fixed online for weeks. Wound up fixed on my statement, though. And the statement is the legal document.

Payments/credits take a few days. Charges are instant. Bank has to confirm funds and has to credit back any usage fees. You know that 3% some places pass along for using a card.

*Ancillary benefit: maybe something overdrafts and fees can be assessed.

both showed up today on the correct cards.

as a side note - from a usability perspective, the home depot app and website are an absolute dumpster fire. part of my confusion is that the app shows a different return amount ($30 less) than my receipt - which made me think the return was hosed up. (it also shows my zip as the wrong city name, and it cannot be changed - its a real joy trying to get items delivered to the house).

Back