Degreacing new motorbike tires

I got myself Michelin Road 5 tires as they were recommended for the climate and weather where i live. I needed the best tires for rain weather and thats what i got, or so what the shop who fitted them said :) Got to say i`m happy with them, the bikes rides great, plenty of grip. Also it was no big deal run them in either, was a hot day when i got my bike back, rode it for quite many miles that day :)
Nice! PR5's are fine tires for rain or shine, good choice! My friends get very good tread life from them as well. Congrats!

Nice! PR5's are fine tires for rain or shine, good choice! My friends get very good tread life from them as well. Congrats!
Thanks :) I`m happy myself, my bike and riding experience got a lot safer with new tires. Old tires was quite old and really hard, even though they had threads the grip was quite bad. I`m a casual rider but i do commute with bike, thus choosing tires with best wet grip was quite important.

You should take it a little easy with them for the first 100 miles or so and especially on wet pavement.
After that you should be just fine.

What we are concerned about are called mold release agents so I asked the manufactures about their mold release agents and tire break in...

Michellin
Thank you for your email. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Concerning your question, Michelin has a mold release agent on all
motorcycle tires. This will cause the tire to be slippery
in the first
few miles, but that goes away after the tire is scrubbed in. This
normally occurs in the first 25-50 miles or so. Until then, the rider
should use caution in riding the tire at accelerated speeds. Michelin
always recommends obeying the speed limits and using care whenever
riding.
Great POST!

With Michelin I would DEFINITELY wash them as I did with my WRX as mentioned.

SUPER SIMPLE - not sure why people would even hesitate and say "Just ride", when say it if started to rain on your first ride and could be deadly - I will NEVER forget how slippery those tires were.

I used a product called Roll Off, then Simple Green, then car wash soap as I recall. On an MC, has got to be easy.

Every manufacture whether they have mold release or not recommends taking it easy inside of the first hundred miles.

How difficult is that?!?!

Every manufacture whether they have mold release or not recommends taking it easy inside of the first hundred miles.

How difficult is that?!?!
It's easy for most people. How difficult is it to wash tires?!?!

Very dangerous driving home in the rain and getting on the freeway with a short ramp and a kid in the car, SLIPPING IN EVERY DIRECTION and SLIPPING worse and worse 15 miles home then the tires were easily washed.

Not sure why it's some point to argue about. It's pretty easy to wash tires if you have 30-60 minutes. If it's dry out and there isn't a ton of slick **** that should have never been on the tires, then just go easy.

When I look at it, no manufacturer recommends to actually wash the tires. It's a fine thing to do for the peace of mind apparently and that is what we are all after.

When I look at it, no manufacturer recommends to actually wash the tires. It's a fine thing to do for the peace of mind apparently and that is what we are all after.
Agree. In my - admittedly very singular occurrence - it was for straight up safety. In OP and 99% of cases, when dry, just for peace of mind.

I didn't make a big deal of it, but of course I told the dealer..............just got the deer in the headlights treatment. Idiots. Probably some new lot clown just went to town prepping the new car by hosing brand new mold release tires with tons of some silicone spray. They were laughably slimy.

Back