Defrosted a windshield with sandpaper

Long ago I heard, directly from GE engineers who got involved, that someone used a GE steam iron to defrost a windshield. They modified the design to make such misuse (among other stories they knew) more difficult.

A long time ago during a bitter cold snap one of my friends wife defrosted the windshield with a propane torch. She was in a hurry.

The end result was not pretty and resulted in a new windshield and trim. The plastic cowl got melted a bit in one spot but that was left as a daily reminder for her.

A long time ago during a bitter cold snap one of my friends wife defrosted the windshield with a propane torch. She was in a hurry.

The end result was not pretty and resulted in a new windshield and trim. The plastic cowl got melted a bit in one spot but that was left as a daily reminder for her.
Years ago in HS, a girl didn't properly de-ice her windshield so she drove with her head outside Ace Ventura style. Hit a parked car and had a hugeeeeee softball sized goose egg for a few weeks. Lmao

Have him trade that wife in for a new wind shield if she’s trade worthy. If not quite up to snuff toss the guy a six pack of Genny Cream. I’d call it at a case of Schlitz though.
The whole thing sounds like an episode of Honey Bo Bo. Id be expecting to see Sugarbear stumble out and start sanding it with a belt sander and 3 Liter Mountain Dew. Is she really that DUMB🤬

I posted this on another thread over a year ago. I have a niece who has a degree in biology, but does not have good mechanical aptitude. She drove her firs car around for 3 days with the oil light on. Then when it would not start asked someone to take a look at it. Of course the engine was toast, and the cost to replace was more than what the car was worth. And when I had took her out driving when she got her permit, I had explained what the oil light meant and the importance of it, and that if it ever came on that she had to pull over and shut off the engine and get some oil and put it in. I guess that went in one ear and out the other.

Then to top it off, one day she did not have money for gasoline, so she

filled the gas tank with water. Unbelievable, but true.

Next time this happens and you're left without an ice scrapper, pull a credit card out of your wallet and use that. Works like a charm.

Back