defective motorcraft fl400s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most most members here check there oil filters before they buy them, but a heads up anyway.

Was in walmart today picked up the last two fl400s filters took them out of the box in the store to inspect them and i had to look twice, one of the filters was missing the anti drain back valve.

^^That`s always a good idea,I do the exact same,open the box and make sure everything`s intact and that the right filter is in there. Just the other day,I saw a Bosche box (that $12 dollar one) with a Fram Extra Guard in it,right at the front of the row.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
one of the filters was missing the anti drain back valve.

Why not buy it & disassemble, or at least take some pictures in store?

Originally Posted By: hemitom
I know most most members here check there oil filters before they buy them, but a heads up anyway.

Was in walmart today picked up the last two fl400s filters took them out of the box in the store to inspect them and i had to look twice, one of the filters was missing the anti drain back valve.
Take & post a picture, then take it back! Just shows, every company makes an occasional mistake.

I have carried a couple of filters with minor defects (can dents) up to the counter at the local WalMart. They act all appreciative but in the the cases where I rechecked, they ended up back out on the shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back