Deeza Let Me Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a major supporter of Deeza here and on other forums. I now officially withdraw my previous endorsements. After just one year and 5200 miles of easy driving, the greasable outer tie-rod end is failing. Just barely passed PA state inspection today and I need to replace it ASAP. Have contacted Deeza and I will let you know what they say.

In what way is it failing? Where was the part purchased from?

They have a two-year, 40,000 mile warranty, so it should be covered. Let us know how they handle it.

I haven't installed many Deeza parts, but the ones I've used were top tier. Every company gets a bad part once in a while, so I wouldn't condemn them just yet. If we were to see a pattern of bad parts, that would be a reason to stop recommending them.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
In what way is it failing? Where was the part purchased from?

They have a two-year, 40,000 mile warranty, so it should be covered. Let us know how they handle it.

I haven't installed many Deeza parts, but the ones I've used were top tier. Every company gets a bad part once in a while, so I wouldn't condemn them just yet. If we were to see a pattern of bad parts, that would be a reason to stop recommending them.

Loose, with excessive play. Deeza just returned my email advising me about the warranty. They told me I had to work through the retailer which is RockAuto. I do not expect any problems getting a new part but it is a royal PITA having to do another wheel alignment. Maybe I'll pay for this one.

Last edited:
That's what's a total load of carp with warrantied suspension parts.

You still have to pay for another alignment.

FWIW, my Raybestos professional grade front suspension parts are all completely covered with surface rust, despite being undercoated. They don't even salt the roads here.

ONE WINTER.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update about Deeza.

I had a moog ball joint in my CRV develop play in about 50,000 miles. I had an XRF sway bar end link squeak like mad (non greaseable) with only 1,000 miles on it.

Now, I am very concerned that the XRF ball joints I now put in will have problems. For a while I was having memory steer after the installation of the XRF ball joints. The memory steering has disappeared but now I have occasional creaking, when turning the wheel, from the driver's side only when the vehicle is cold. The noise is intermittent but I suspect the noise is from the ball joint. I was thinking about switching my allegiance to Deeza but will now do more research.

Just talked with Rock. They no longer have Deeza outers and only have a few inners. Looks like Rock and Deeza are parting ways. All Rock will do is give me a store credit for the part (no credit on S&H) but I have to pay for return shipping. Big whoopdedoo! I will net about $10-12 on the store credit plus have to buy/install a replacement and get a wheel alignment. I would say the Deeza warranty is pretty much useless.

The strut tops fell apart in my '91 Mazda 626 with only 10K miles. Tire pressure within 2 psi of nominal placard no big potholes whacked. Ford supply chain ? I've used Moog years ago - but never on my own car - always used OE. I'm sure OE and Afterlife suppliers are all WAY different than what I saw in the 70s and 80s.

Part problem or grease problem? Did you forget to grease it? No offense but it happens to be best of us.
I cant see it wearing out in 5K not even a cheap Chinese it its got the right grease in it.

OP, I've had good luck with Moog 'Problem Solver' tie rods.

I also have a 'lifetime alignment' from Firestone; I paid for it in 2005, I haven't had to spend a penny on alignments since then. Great investment, if you ask me.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Part problem or grease problem? Did you forget to grease it? No offense but it happens to be best of us.
I cant see it wearing out in 5K not even a cheap Chinese it its got the right grease in it.

I talked with D about grease before I installed it. They assured me it came greased from the factory and I should not grease it. I forget what they suggested as the service interval but I am sure it was more than 5200 miles. I just greased it for the first time last week when I rotated tires. I do believe inadequate grease from the factory is the most likely reason for premature failure although you could see grease through the zerk port before I installed the zerk.

Last edited:
That would be assembly lube. There's no way it was properly lubed without a zerk installed. ALWAYS grease new joints.

The deeza person you spoke to is an idiot.

I just installed 2 new Deeza sway bar links. They felt heavier (and therefor better made) than the originals. The Totowa, NJ HQ is near me. My RockAuto order was shipped from their warehouse.
I thought to go by and visit. There's no guarantee I'll see or learn anything. I will report. Kira

Originally Posted By: asand1
That would be assembly lube. There's no way it was properly lubed without a zerk installed. ALWAYS grease new joints.

The deeza person you spoke to is an idiot.

I guess I am too because I listened to him.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I just installed 2 new Deeza sway bar links. They felt heavier (and therefor better made) than the originals. The Totowa, NJ HQ is near me. My RockAuto order was shipped from their warehouse.
I thought to go by and visit. There's no guarantee I'll see or learn anything. I will report. Kira

My links rusted badly fast but they are still tight.

Originally Posted By: artbuc
Just talked with Rock. They no longer have Deeza outers and only have a few inners. Looks like Rock and Deeza are parting ways. All Rock will do is give me a store credit for the part (no credit on S&H) but I have to pay for return shipping. Big whoopdedoo! I will net about $10-12 on the store credit plus have to buy/install a replacement and get a wheel alignment. I would say the Deeza warranty is pretty much useless.

Labeling Deeza's warranty as "pretty much useless" because of the business decisions (no longer carrying Deeza parts) and economics related to the retailer you chose to purchase the part through is unfair. If you purchased the part from a retailer 1/8 mile from your house and did not have to deal with shipping, would Deeza's warranty be the savior of all mankind?

Originally Posted By: artbuc

I talked with D about grease before I installed it. They assured me it came greased from the factory and I should not grease it. I forget what they suggested as the service interval but I am sure it was more than 5200 miles. I just greased it for the first time last week when I rotated tires. I do believe inadequate grease from the factory is the most likely reason for premature failure although you could see grease through the zerk port before I installed the zerk.

Deeza quality wasn't the issue, not greasing a new joint was. Joints with a grease fitting contain only a very small amount of assy grease and not enough to lube the joint in service.
I figured as much when i saw the mileage. I did it once years ago, it happens, trying to finish the job up late at night or some such thing.
No one is perfect, that guy died over 2000 yrs ago. Lesson learned, move on.

Yes, even if parts ship with some grease in them, that grease isn't enough. I once met a guy who did a front end rebuild on a Crown Vic and he used all Moog Problem Solver parts. After 5000 miles passed, the car was making terrible noises, and the owner didn't know why.

I told him he would have to redo some of the work he did, and remember to buy a grease gun. I also suggested premium grease, because it might extend the life of a part.

Deeza quality wasn't the issue, not greasing a new joint was. Joints with a grease fitting contain only a very small amount of assy grease and not enough to lube the joint in service.
I figured as much when i saw the mileage. I did it once years ago, it happens, trying to finish the job up late at night or some such thing.
No one is perfect, that guy died over 2000 yrs ago. Lesson learned, move on.

I bet the Deeza rep either misunderstood my question or was confusing inner and outers. When you look at their tie-rod end web page, they show inner and outer product quality features on the same page. The inner is on the top of the page and one of the features is factory pre-lubrication.

Yes, that sounds about right. Lube (or lack of) is the maim cause of tie rod failure.
Ball joints and their lube get beaten to death with high shock loads, smooth roads and better grease really help prolong their life.
Tie rods on the other hand are a relatively low shock part and with a good lube a quality joint can go 20 yrs or more. Without it, we know now, about 5K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back