Deere skid steer

I have a Deere diesel skid steer at our CO vacation home. Doesn't get used much. Put 63 hours on it in 4 years. Changed oil 6 months after I got in and this is the second time.. Deere advises changing oil at 60 hours vs 120 because of high altitude. When we are there I always warm it up to boil the moisture out of the oil.
I put Deere Plus-50 II CJ-4 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil 0W-40. Any reason I should change the oil sooner than what the hour meter say(based on time vs hours)?
Thanks

littleboss

I'd change it now if you've racked up 63 hours. 50-60 hour interval would be my choice based on usage. Nice machine BTW. Post a picture.

Attachments

• skidsteer.jpg
    skidsteer.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 36
60 or 120 hours? I run a new 318G and they have 500 hour service interval with 250 hour sampling for analysis.

I would change oil based on use, not time.

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I would change it every other year no matter how many hours you put on it. Every year if it is stored in a not so great location.
Caveat , unless you put an unusually high number of hours one year (over 200)

littleboss

60 or 120 hours? I run a new 318G and they have 500 hour service interval with 250 hour sampling for analysis.

I would change oil based on use, not time.
I read the manual wrong. It says for high altitude reduce the interval by 50% but then it had an example chart that showed 60 hours instead of 120 hours. Manual does say 500 hours so that would be 250 for high altitude. So I reckon I will do it every 2 years and keep on warming it up when I am there to boil the moisture out of the oil.

I read the manual wrong. It says for high altitude reduce the interval by 50% but then it had an example chart that showed 60 hours instead of 120 hours. Manual does say 500 hours so that would be 250 for high altitude. So I reckon I will do it every 2 years and keep on warming it up when I am there to boil the moisture out of the oil.
Sounds good. Even better would be to put it to use a bit while you're there, circulating or working the other fluids and pumps as well.

Nice machine. :)

littleboss

Sounds good. Even better would be to put it to use a bit while you're there, circulating or working the other fluids and pumps as well.

Nice machine. :)
Thanks. I also have a 329E Deere compact track loader at our Texas home.. I try to use the skid steer in CO every I am there, usually for toting firewood around..