Deep cycle (marine) battery w/ the best warranty?

This is for a non marine application, but what company has the best warranty on marine batteries? The best I'm seeing is 1 year, which is just under what the battery seems to be lasting. Thanks.

yes the application determines the answer. for instance i use 6 month old d31 truck batteries for ups systems. they go 5 years easily with 1-2 deep cycles a year. i have a deal with a emergency vehicle service center to get these almost free. so if i do them in before their time i dont care. the reason the warranty is short on deep cycles is that most are killed early by abuse/neglect. and for every day cycling like solar golf cart batts are hard to beat. that is until you get into large banks.then series parallel strings become problematic.

dlundblad

It's for a gate constantly connected to a trickle charger. I am not sure the "brain box" will have enough room for those batteries.

for that usage the battery is not that important. the charger is. a regular car battery as big as you can fit in the box will do. a truck battery like a d31 will do a bit better. each gate cycle is a lot like starting a car. only a small % is used.and a d31 is known as a high cycle. a hybrid between a sli and a deep cycle. the charger must be able to top up the battery in a reasonable time to prevent sulphation and must not overcharge long term. upgrading the charger will help a lot but your battery will age out before it wears out. a bigger battery will hold up the system longer and give more operations during a long term power failure.

^ what he said. A gate cycle isn't going to run the battery flat. I'd get a normal car battery with a 3 year warranty, maybe one that matches the car you own. Is this a solar panel charger or AC mains? My wife, an environmental scientist, used to deal with these custom built data collector things with a 7 amp-hour gel cell and a solar panel. She too was always having problems but got at least a couple years out of the batteries.

dlundblad

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
for that usage the battery is not that important. the charger is. a regular car battery as big as you can fit in the box will do. a truck battery like a d31 will do a bit better. each gate cycle is a lot like starting a car. only a small % is used.and a d31 is known as a high cycle. a hybrid between a sli and a deep cycle. the charger must be able to top up the battery in a reasonable time to prevent sulphation and must not overcharge long term. upgrading the charger will help a lot but your battery will age out before it wears out. a bigger battery will hold up the system longer and give more operations during a long term power failure.
A quick D31 google revealed a ~$289 price tag at Oreillys. crzy I am just sticking with a marine battery because that is what the installer used 15 years ago. Perhaps a better (newer) charger is in order.