Dedicated Tire Cleaner

Last edited:
I don't think tires are as sensitive as people make them out to be. If Carpro says it's good to go, I'm inclined to believe them.

Probably don't need to use it every time.

$75 a gallon for some boutique tire cleaner that's probably just a re-bottled all purpose degreaser? At $20 I'll stick to
MGL-D10801.jpg

I’m heavily invested in the Carpro lineup (Finest, Reset, Reload, Hydro2, Tar-X, Iron-X). Their products generally work well and do what they say. That said, I’m wondering how much better this tire cleaner would be over Tuf Stuff (my current go-to) or even Optimum Power Clean at a 1:3-1:6 ratio.

I don't use tire dressing, so I simply use the same car wash I use on the rest of the car. It leaves a nice even "sheen" behind, like the factory.

I thought the mothers back to black tire cleaner worked well. It’s the spray on wipe off crap no water required

I bought a 6 pack a couple years ago on a reasonable deal

I’m sure the car pro is pretty good most of the stuff I have used from them has been good pricey at times but that’s the boutique car care world

I guess because of my current regimen, I have no need to use something that strips down to the rubber every time I wash the car. I use Turtle Wax Trim Restorer on my tires every 4th wash, and they stay looking dark matte black all the time, after the first wash takes the shine off. It lasts far longer than any spray dressing I've tried, so it's worth the extra time it takes to apply.

The last time I used a dedicated tire cleaner was back when tires had white wall decorative strip and you wanted to keep that as white as possible.

Otherwise, I use the car wash soap after I finish soaping up the car paint.

Back