deciding on an oil filter for a group of cars, 1kr-fe, ind-tv & 4zz-fe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, still new here. I'm trying to figure out what oil filter to buy for these car as they all accept the same oil filter. i have looked around and my head is fried with all the different size of the filter but the same matting surface with the engine block.
I am using a Castrol stop start magnetec 5w-30 c3 in all three. i have been reading these forums and i don't have the access to all the filter types- Japanparts Oil Filters, Part No. FO-210S - Bosch Oil Filters, Part No. 0986452028 - MANN Oil Filters, Part No. W683 - comline 021412-021924BBBHA-ABG. i have been trying to find a good filter and i will try to buy it in bulk as i will be using them up to maybe 20. Thanks for all your help.

Originally Posted by mossietheno1
Hi, still new here. I'm trying to figure out what oil filter to buy for these car as they all accept the same oil filter. i have looked around and my head is fried with all the different size of the filter but the same matting surface with the engine block.
I am using a Castrol stop start magnetec 5w-30 c3 in all three. i have been reading these forums and i don't have the access to all the filter types- Japanparts Oil Filters, Part No. FO-210S - Bosch Oil Filters, Part No. 0986452028 - MANN Oil Filters, Part No. W683 - comline 021412-021924BBBHA-ABG. i have been trying to find a good filter and i will try to buy it in bulk as i will be using them up to maybe 20. Thanks for all your help.

They may all accept the same size filter, but they may not all need the same filter pressure. Oil filters have different by-pass pressures according to what the engineers required.

What vehicles are they, and what brand oil filters can you buy there?

If I'm assuming correctly, the 1ND-TV is a diesel engine, which naturally soots up oil quickly(and I think it was a collaboration between Toyota and PSA, like the BMW-based diesel used in the Euro Lexus ISd), the 1KR-FE is a small engine which per Wiki was designed by Daihatsu and the 4ZZ-FE is the smaller sister to the 1.8L 1ZZ-FE used in the US/Canada-spec Corolla.

The 1ND uses a canister filter from what I found, so no sharing filters with the gassers/petrol engines.

The 4ZZ and 1KR looks like it can use a PH4386/90915-YZZF1 sized filter between the two of them, I dunno what the crossover is in a Euro filter brand like real Mann(not the Puro-relabels Mann+Hummel passes off in the US for non-European applications) or Purlux. I know Mahle makes a filter that can work for the ZZ and KR, OC340.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
What vehicles are they, and what brand oil filters can you buy there?

They are Toyota engines.

Back to the OP...

why not buy Denso filters?

If not, Mann is more than adequate.

sorry for the late response. i see that does make sense as they are for what nthach said and all the engine have vastly different oil pressures. to my notalge the 1nd-tv was a part bmw and Toyota design because it is also in the mini here.i have been trying to look for them online but good brand filter that are over the japanparts and buleprint filter are hard to get. i will have a look for denso filter as from my work on toytoa anything they make last twice as long. i will as look for mann as i was able to find them for bmw removeable filters. thank for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back