Decent Android tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to purchase a decent Android tablet in the $150 - $200 range. Anyone have a model they would recommend?

Use case is email and general web browsing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Billbert
My wife is very happy with her Amazon Fire HD8

I got my kids cheapo fire 7s and did "the hack" to use google play store. They're holding up.

I should qualify a bit more...looking for a 10" screen and no Kindles. The 10" HD Kindle I'm using now will be the recipient of a .45 bullet when I buy a replacement. It is the biggest piece of [censored] I've ever owned.

I've been using a Samsung Tab A 9.7" tablet for the last year. Perfect for what you said you need. I've got one under the Christmas tree for my wife as I type this. The 9.7" titananium version is $179.99 online at Best Buy with free delivery to boot. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Sierra048
I've been using a Samsung Tab A 9.7" tablet for the last year. Perfect for what you said you need. I've got one under the Christmas tree for my wife as I type this. The 9.7" titananium version is $179.99 online at Best Buy with free delivery to boot. Good luck.

How is the quality of the cameras on the Samsung?

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
I should qualify a bit more...looking for a 10" screen and no Kindles. The 10" HD Kindle I'm using now will be the recipient of a .45 bullet when I buy a replacement. It is the biggest piece of [censored] I've ever owned.

Save the bullet and send it to me. I love the Kindle.

I have been a fan of the Samsung tablets since they gave me one with a big screen tv. It controls everything of the AV room with a IR blaster and can cast whatever from the tablet to the tv. Another is linked to couple DJI drones. Another is used when mobile.

JMO, but you might look at getting a refurbed Surface 2 RT - I think they're selling cheap. They're solidly built and work fine for things like browsing, etc. On the flip side, the RT operating system totally hamstrings the device for apps and almost everything else. They did come with versions of microsoft office, though.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Originally Posted By: Sierra048

How is the quality of the cameras on the Samsung?

Honestly, I've never used the camera. It's rated 5mp rear facing, and 2mp forward facing. I'm not much of a techie. It does everything I need it to do and I can't remember the last time I needed to use my laptop.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and love it. Best balance of price and features I could find.

Ended up ordering a 10.1" Tab A for $199. Reviews seem to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back