Death of a Jeep 4.0L Vid Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid. Plain stupid. If they didn't want the car there were plenty of single mothers and/or poor people who could use it.

The fact that they did that on a 4x4 trail really P i s s es me off. It's peaople like this that get trails closed. These guys need to be found and fined.

I see it differently, the fact it went that it went for that long makes me think it would have been fine for several thousand more miles if not more. On another note, it is their vehicle and they paid for it so they can do what they want to it as long as it is legal. Though the place they chose to blow it up was not smart.

I don't really agree with what was done, but they can do what they wish.

Of course they'd do it on a trail. If they did it in their driveway they'd mess it up with oil and might catch the house on fire.

The real question is, did they take the license plates off and leave the truck there for someone else to deal with?

The rest of you posters have been nice. Those two ***holes in the video should have burned with the Jeep. There is no reason for doing that even if they own it.

Anyone want to see a UOA on the oil thats left in that pan? Think there might be a bit of metal in it?

Hate to say it, but don't see anything that wrong with this...not a great end for a vehicle, or the smartest pastime, but its only one old Jeep. I mean, think of all the vehicles that are destroyed every year by accidents or lack of maintenance. This vehicle was old, and had 'lived its life', so whats the difference between this, or sending to a junkyard to leak and rust on another patch of ground?

The oil leaking on the ground isn't good, but how many old cars are there sitting in yards or on the street pouring oil out of leaky seals? North Americans are just great at being hypocrites! (And I am including myself in that category!)

nothing really wrong with this. i bet those guys are going to tow it back home and put a rebuilt engine in it.

i have done similar things with other makes when the engines are worn out. i have a vw with 2 dead cylinders. i put a brick on the throttle and let it run wide open in neutral untill it seized up. i checked the cylinder head temp with an infrared heat gun and it registered over 600 degrees on the side of the head. unbelieveably when the motor cooled down i was able to start it up again. it still technically runs but it runs real rough. just barely has enough power to make it to 15mph. the car sits now with a cover over it. i am planning on relacing that motor with a rebuilt one real soon. thats why i tried to blow up the old worn out motor.
i guess you guys probably think its pretty stupid but when you are there and doing it, its actually alot of fun.

another time a friend has an old 240d benz diesel that was in a wreck and had a crack in the block and 1 dead cylinder. the car was just about totaled and going to the bcrusher so we decided to try and blow it up.. we rigged up a line from the intake to the passenger seat and ran that thing around injecting ether into the intake manifold whole cans at a time. i never seen a diesel emit bright orange smoke from the exahust before but that bend would smoke first and second gear like it had power to spare once the ether started flowing. we finally seized the motor up after haof a dozen cans of etiehr were squirted into the motor one after another in a abandoned industrial complex and called a tow truck to take it to the crusher.

like i said, i know it seems stupid but when you are out there doing it, its quite fun.

Dang 5W20 oil caused a wrist pin to pull out of a piston and the lack of a strong boundery layer let the rod push out the side of the block when returning to TDC. A strong case that 20 weight is not a good choice for a 4.0. If a full bodied grade 60 had been used the chideren could have rev'd it until it ran out of fuel.
smile.gif

Really though if it's theirs they can do what they want with it. There is a lot worse things they could be out doing.

I agree that it is theirs and they could do what they want with it, but they could have found a better place to do it, instead of spewing oil on someone elses ground and blocking a trail obstructing other peoples passage just to have a little fun.

quote:

Stupid. Plain stupid. If they didn't want the car there were plenty of single mothers and/or poor people who could use it.

Thats the smartest answer i ever heard. Im sick and tired of watching these videos of cars getting blown up. I already saw a perfectly running 1992 Hyundai Excel, 1988 Oldsmobile and a 1992 Ford Ranger, 1990 Chevrolet Cavailer getting blown up by some Idiots.

Their truck, their engine. I don't agree with leaving an oil slick on the trail so other 4x4's pick it up and coat their tires with it. Then they get stuck because on this. Not to mention then enviromental effects even though it's a small thing it still counts.

quote:

quote:

Thats the smartest answer i ever heard. Im sick and tired of watching these videos of cars getting blown up.

A single mother or poor person stranded on the side of the road when their jeep blows up after they've driven it for a couple months? That doesn't sound like much help to me. There are plenty of truly cheap or even free vehicles available from charities and Craigslist that don't have fatal diseases like bad rod knock. If you're going to be charitable, at least give the less fortunate something that they can really use.

It would've been better to pull that 4.0 and rebuild it. It stinks to drop six quarts of gnarly used motor oil into the healthy forest. However, these are young guys and that's what young guys do.

quote:

The rest of you posters have been nice. Those two ***holes in the video should have burned with the Jeep. There is no reason for doing that even if they own it.

Jeeze...you make it sound like those guys beat the jeep into pieces with heavy sacks of puppies. I wouldn't call jeep culling and littering/oil dumping capital offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back