Dealing with stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should avoid caffiene shouldn't you? I am better at handling stress the older I get. Exercise is always good.

i try to talk myself out of the stress (in my head of course). just say it isnt worth it and chill.. i am like my mom and her dad, very umm lets say "hot headed" so cursing thru the day and punching my desk or walking outside for a minute usually helps.. i try not to hold back.. a drink or two helps and sometimes a left handed cigarette works too

Fabricating - makin' custom parts. Lots of cutting, drilling grinding, welding, etc. going on there. Take it out on the metal - very soothing. But now I'm on my last major project again, and starting to get a little anxious. Gotta make someting again, soon... steel almost gone.... getting nervous... don't want to hurt anybody...

Kestas

Staff member
I reroofed my house. There's something about grabbing a hammer and banging away at nails that's very theraputic. The nice view from top helps.

Booze. Coffee. Splitting firewood. Good TV movies. Go fishing. Go to the local bar, only 1/2 mile away, and talk to the guys and gals. Read good books about the problem. This has helped me especially with my latest stess event--cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.