Dealerships that far behind in service?

kids hyundai developed a leaking washer bottle . should be under warranty . tried to make a appointment online and the next available is 45 days out. tried another hyundai dealer and it was 3 months out .

I rarely take my cars to the dealer for anything other than warranty. Are these times normal these days for dealerships? seeing how long the wait is i was even thinking of pulling off the bumper and doing it myself . the bottle is around $60

Like doctors in the ER, they are most likely overworked and understaffed. And as a result they are taking the more serious problems first. A leaky windshield washer bottle isn't has much of a pressing issue, as an engine that won't start, or any number of other problems that make a vehicle useless to a customer.

This is no doubt made even greater with warranty work. No one wants a car they can't drive to sit at a dealership for 3 weeks, while they fix cars with cosmetic, or other non serious problems.

That seems to be the case here as well. I am in the process of getting an issue addressed with my wife's 08 Liberty and two local dealers were booked into March. It took quite a bit of calls to land an appointment 3 weeks out.

It's a bad time of the year for a leaky washer bottle. You could try another dealer or if the leak isn't at the bottom of the bottle, it may hold enough fluid to get by with frequent refills until the appointment time comes. Hopefully, the bottle will not need to be ordered when your service time comes.

kids hyundai developed a leaking washer bottle . should be under warranty . tried to make a appointment online and the next available is 45 days out. tried another hyundai dealer and it was 3 months out .

I rarely take my cars to the dealer for anything other than warranty. Are these times normal these days for dealerships? seeing how long the wait is i was even thinking of pulling off the bumper and doing it myself . the bottle is around $60
It might be the dealers in your area. I’ve heard some dealers have weeks long waiting lists, some months long.

I just tried to schedule an appointment for an airbag recall on my Kia and there were no appointments available until February. I went to another Kia dealer website that’s further away and was able to schedule it for next Friday.

It might be the dealers in your area. I’ve heard some dealers have weeks long waiting lists, some months long.

I just tried to schedule an appointment for an airbag recall on my Kia and there were no appointments available until February. I went to another Kia dealer website that’s further away and was able to schedule it for next Friday.
I think the case might be the job itself. I found dealers cherry pick work, and on the smaller work, they put it off. Here they also ask who you bought the vehicle from, if it's warranty work and if you bought the vehicle elsewhere you might wait months. Warranty work doesn't pay as well as retail work. Many dealers also prefer to service the customers who bought from them first.

Make it a little easier on yourself and take the wheel off and look behind the fender liner. It might be easier than taking the bumper off. The bottle in my Mustang is buried behind the back bumper, but you work on it through the fender well. This is something I would order and replace myself versus waiting 3 months for an appointment. They're pretty easy.

He didn't specify what hyundai, but all the ones I had to that on (it's not very common, pump failures or washer lines been eaten are far more common) reaquired the front bumper to come off. 10 minute job to remove a bumper though

He didn't specify what hyundai, but all the ones I had to that on (it's not very common, pump failures or washer lines been eaten are far more common) reaquired the front bumper to come off. 10 minute job to remove a bumper though
its a 2019 tucson and the bumper cover needs to come off. looks pretty easy. i am goign to pull it this weekend and see where its leaking .

its a 2019 tucson and the bumper cover needs to come off. looks pretty easy. i am goign to pull it this weekend and see where its leaking .
+2

Most modern car bumpers are pretty similar. You might find a larger bolt at each corner in addition to a lot of little screws and pop clips.

Last plastic bottle I had to replace was leaking at the very bottom where the hose nipple was located.... That would probably be the worst-case scenario (technically, it was a coolant overflow bottle, so there was a bit more urgency involved LOL).

I encountered similar lead times

Last month when my Mazda CX-30 threw a CEL I called the dealer that morning and they had me bring it right over and had the part in stock and I had it back that afternoon.

Back