Dealership salesman car treatment

Most new cars have at least a 36,000 mile warranty. The automakers could care less if you took a brand new Corvette and drag raced it every day. You can auto cross them or run them on timed road race events and the warranty will cover any engine transmission or rear end damage. These cars are supposed to take a beating. It doesn't matter if they have 250 miles or if a salesman had them running for a half an hour doing paperwork. New cars last a long time and if they don't its warranty work. Most cars will take a severe beating and we all know there are exceptions. As far as employees abusing cars that is completely wrong and the culprits should be terminated. I know it happens a lot and people just seem to like to abuse your car. I had a relative drive my Honda Civic home since I had two cars in one place. He had 3 rapid acceleration events in 3 miles and it showed up as what they call an "event" on my State Farm Insurance GPS monitor. So, I got dinged on my insurance from his lead foot driving. People are idiots when it comes to driving another persons car.

Back