Dealership Detailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say that I am in agreement with their procedures...even for a production shop:

This is why I always tell the dealer "do not wash or clean this car". I make sure they put a big sign on the dashboard.

Yikes! I can honestly say I have never seen anybody anywhere get a dash that wet when cleaning it! I am surprised they didn't power wash the dash!

That's hilarious. I doubt they are hurting anything, but the video is a bit too graphic. I can't believe they posted that as an advertisement.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's hilarious. I doubt they are hurting anything, but the video is a bit too graphic. I can't believe they posted that as an advertisement.

The interior is probably OK, but that guy left a serious mess on the exterior with his method of handling that rotary.

...and they think this is a way to show off their dealership? Dear God! Clueless, absolutely clueless.

WOW!! The amount of water in the interior is insane! From the dash cleaning to power washing the door jambs with doors wide open, and the seat cleaning with heavy amounts of water...no thank you!

The dealer put so much "shine product" on the dash that it got into the rotary controls for the heat/AC and they were hard to turn forevermore.

Wow... I am speechless...
confused.gif

I detailed for dealerships for 6 years. I've never seen anything so amateur in my life. That is no way to use a rotary buffer. Wash mitt on the dash??? Carpet extractors are great, but they are used on carpets....foam is used on seats, not a gallon of water.

I don't even know if that was an "extractor", they can be in the neighborhood of $2000 for a good one, that may just be a wet vac. A good extractor heats the water.

At first I thought it was a joke.......... I believe there for real ..... Gezzzzzzzzzz

Don't they read the comments? They are all negative and it's been up for a year and a half. You'd think they would pull it by now, it can't be helping.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Don't they read the comments? They are all negative and it's been up for a year and a half. You'd think they would pull it by now, it can't be helping.

It's gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back