Dealership changes motor oil. Not what i went for but turned out very well.

It's one of those plastic ones. They say only for one use but I've used them for more than one oci. I think Ford uses something similar.
What happened to the days when they used metal oil plugs and oil plugs that didn't need a new crush washer every time you changed the oil. The factory supplied oil plug would last the life of the car as long as some mechanic that though he was Godzilla didn't get ahold of it.

I would of been furious I’m the type where I want to know exactly what is going to be done I would of demanded the oil back. If they are like the dealership I worked at it’s just bulk oil instead of factory oil like most people think it is so I don’t want that in my engine.
No, it's the VW branded approved oil. They pour it in by the quart. When they walked me to the car to meet the Tech, you could see the process carried out on other cars.

Last edited:
No, it's the VW branded approved oil. They pour it in by the quart. When they walked me to the car to meet the Tech, you can see process carried out on other cars.
It won't be for long. As more vehicles being to use 508 they will switch to bulk.

Quarts are a huge waste of time and generate needless waste. Plus there is a lot of wasted oil.

My local Toyota store uses all Valvoline.

Bulk oil is not an issue at any reputable establishment. Even Jiffy Lube uses Pennzoil.
Oh no..... I used to work at a JL it’s not Pennzoil, they claim it is. It literally come out of the same tank to fill all of our tanks with the same oil and then the truck was just a no name company that I could not find anything about online so I don’t trust it one bit. Then we got a batch in with metal shavings in it and that’s when I walked out because they were putting it in someone’s car. That’s the sad part about the quick lube places is they deceive people.

Learn to read.

Tech probably checked the messages and saw oil change and inspection, and performed both. Probably thinking he'd get yelled at if he only did the inspection.
Sorry, ozric the "tech" is not allowed to do unapproved work. That line of thinking doesn't play.

My VW Dealer did a requested OC, and they put the WRONG oil in ON PURPOSE,

They get shouted at, not a shout out, And I did.

Oh no..... I used to work at a JL it’s not Pennzoil, they claim it is. It literally come out of the same tank to fill all of our tanks with the same oil and then the truck was just a no name company that I could not find anything about online so I don’t trust it one bit. Then we got a batch in with metal shavings in it and that’s when I walked out because they were putting it in someone’s car. That’s the sad part about the quick lube places is they deceive people.

Metal shavings in new oil?

Yep the oil they delivered and filled the tanks with had metal shavings in it. And it was strangely dark too I think they got confused and left old oil as they were the same ones that went and picked up oil from the places too.
Could be a scam of some sort. Probably the distributor is just putting used oil back in the tanks as new that they recovered from other establishments. It happens.

Could be a scam of some sort. Probably the distributor is just putting used oil back in the tanks as new that they recovered from other establishments. It happens.
Yep especially since the company wasn’t even known couldn’t find anything online about them and on the side it just had a company name no DOT number or anything like it’s supposed too.

Back