Dealer visit today: no oil brand or viscosity on invoice.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Background:
I have a Hyundai Motors Premium Maint Plan which includes Synthetic Oil. This pkg was bought in tandem with an extended B2B warranty for up to 75k miles or 7 years and includes quite a few attractive niceties.

Today I went in for the scheduled tire rotation and during the visit, was convinced to also do the included oil change. Regardless of having my receipts for DIY changes, said the Svc Writer, any engine oil related warranty work would be made easier if the customer has done all maintenance work in house...especially if it's already been paid for. So I agreed. After the work was done, the invoice did state all the particulars except it didn't have viscosity or brand of motor oil. It only stated Synthetic Oil change and quantity.

But you know what?! It didn't and doesn't bother me one bit and I have no explanation why. Now you can banish me to the cellar dungeons of bitog.

Last edited:
Regardless of having my receipts for DIY changes, said the Svc Writer, any engine oil related warranty work would be made easier if the customer has done all maintenance work in house...especially if it's already been paid for. So I agreed.
Surprised they didn't also suggest, and you didn't agree to, an intake system cleaning or a power steering fluid flush. And that car has electric steering.

Call them back and ask. It will go something like this....

SA: What oil did we use ? Hold on a second.... Okay, yeah, that calls for XW-XX and that's what we used. Yeah....
You: What brand ?
SA: Oh, we use Hyundai oil. It's only available to dealers.

/s

I have a Hyundai Motors Premium Maint Plan which includes Synthetic Oil......

......the invoice did state all the particulars except it didn't have viscosity or brand of motor oil. It only stated Synthetic Oil change and quantity.

But you know what. It didn't and doesn't bother me one bit and I have no explanation why. Now you can banish me to the cellar dungeons of bitog.
That’s because you know with any modern API (or ACEA) motor oil, it doesn’t matter one bit for 99% of applications. It could be a 0W20 synthetic or a 10W30 mineral, and for any reasonable interval (OCI) and for any reasonable temperature range, you will be completely fine.

I came to BITOG year’s ago to find “the best oil for my car”, I now buy almost any oil, based mostly on price, because I know almost anything will work for my application. Your price of $0 was very reasonable, I would have said yes as well.

I bet it was bulk Crisco that they got from the restaurant across the way at the strip mall.

Thus is the invoice.
The blue dots are to keep the Tech's name private.

20210814_083112.jpg

Back