Dealer still getting 2020 model MX5 Miata's??

I want a new Mazda MX5 convert., but I don't want a 2020. At least a 21.

It is so late (mid January 2021) to still be getting 2020 models in at the dealer that I am guessing that a new, rumored, 2022 model is going to be out this spring.

Why would they not be shipping at least 2021 models though?

Thanks, guys!

Maybe shipments were delayed due to events? Maybe no model changes due to events. I.E. the 2021 coming later.

Or maybe getting from another dealer.

Getting a car doesn't mean it's shipped from the factory, it could be a dealer trade.

I think Mazda cars built in until the end of the calendar year are considered 2020 models by Mazda. I noticed something similar a couple years ago.

few vehicles change from year to year, so unless a big revision is rumored get a new leftover + save $$$$

ND2 Miata is 2019 up, I would just get one of those. There isn't going to be a whole lot of changes from 2019 thru 2021. Maybe some color options...

I also like to recommend changing the manual transmission fluid and diff fluid on these cars yearly. Both tend to run quite hot. Just food for thought.

From what I’ve seen, all they changed were the available leather color options, a new blue color, and made Android Auto/Apple CarPlay standard equipment.

I would think you could get a good deal on the 2020 models. The differences are minor. Apple CarPlay for example can be installed.

On December 10th, Mazda issued a press release about the 2021 Miata stating it would be in dealerships as early as December. Perhaps the current state of things has caused a delay.

Back