Dealer Oil Change Jeep GC Limited

I have an oil change plan which allows me to get my oil changed at 3000 mi. They use syn oil. Last time I went to a local Dodge/Jeep dealer I am pretty sure they did not change the filter and the oil looked a bit dark. This is where I have to go and wondering what to do now as I suspect their procedure. I do plan to mark the filter housing in a way that I will be able to tell if it has been removed. BTW this is a 2019 JGC.

I would score the filter with a fine line, or file off a bit of the paint right before going. Something they can't wipe off, then you'll be sure if it's changed or not.

I have an oil change plan which allows me to get my oil changed at 3000 mi. They use syn oil. Last time I went to a local Dodge/Jeep dealer I am pretty sure they did not change the filter and the oil looked a bit dark. This is where I have to go and wondering what to do now as I suspect their procedure. I do plan to mark the filter housing in a way that I will be able to tell if it has been removed. BTW this is a 2019 JGC.
Sad when you have to do that, but unfortunately many times it has to be done. Years ago I had warranty work done on one of my vans. It had about 10 K miles on it and they offered an $8 tire rotation at the time. Why not, it was due. I had to make an appointment and I marked the tires in inconspicuous spots to be sure the job got done. When I went to get the van I did walk around and asked the service writer if the tires were rotated. He replied with an instant yes. Giving the benefit of the doubt I said are you sure? He swore up and down yes, then got the tech who did the warranty work and the "rotation." He swore he did it. At that point I had enough of the BS. I gave them a chance to say they forgot, which would have been a smart move. I showed him how the tires were marked. They said they'd do the rotation while I waited. I said no, didn't pay for the rotation and informed them they lost a customer for life. It makes no difference to me if they cared or not, but I made it a point to tell anyone who asked where I bought my van the story and told them to shop elsewhere. They lost a small fortune just from me for a stinking $8. LOL This is one of millions of bad experiences people have with dealers and how they earned the name Steelerships. It sucks they all get grouped into that category, although the good ones are far and few around here.

My reason for checking the dealers is after the third A/C compressor in 6 months I marked the connections and the orfice/filter was not changer and when I told them and they took it out it was plugged solid with compressor innards. I knew because when I put the guages on it i had a really low suction pressure. I always double check the dealers.

I have a plan that gives me free oil changes, it might work at other places also. It wasn't very expensive.

I have a plan that gives me free oil changes, it might work at other places also. It wasn't very expensive.
In the past when I’ve had my doubts I always ask for the old parts back. As for your filter. Provide a ziplock bag for them to make it easy. If you need to, tell them you want to examine it. Also the oil should be pretty light colored on the dipstick when you leave the dealership. Check it in the parking lot. You could also do some before and after pictures of the dipstick…

Just my $0.02

The first 3 were free and I have only used 2 of those. The car doesn't get driven much. When I have to use the plan I paid for it is about $40 each time which isn't a lot to me so I don't have to do it. I guess I'll keep my eye on them.

Back