Dead Horse Warning: What's with the short OCI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: bigj_16

Whaddya think about that i3?

We love it; we are halfway through a 24 month lease and it has been a lot of fun to drive and dead cheap to run. I filled the 2.5 gallon fuel tank on 9/30/16 and as of today after 9,000 miles the tank is still 1/2 full.
I may well buy it if I can pick it up for its actual value rather than the residual(EV depreciation is extremely high.)

Since you have both, compare functionality to the Clubman.

The i3 has the 60Ah battery pack, which gives it @80 miles of pure electric range plus another 40-50 miles using the Range Extender. We rarely drive it more than 40 miles per day, which means it can be charged by the 110V "Occasional Use" charger in less than 10 hours. It has much more space inside than you'd otherwise think, since the running gear and battery are located under the passenger and luggage compartments. It's really quick- just about the fastest car in BMW's current lineup in the 0-30 mph dash. And of course it's RWD, as God and Munich intended.

The Clubman has just about the same amount of room, but has only three doors to the i3's four. The car is no rocket ship-0 to 60 takes 9 seconds-but at least it averages over 32 mpg. It had to have been a custom ordered car as it has he Premium Pkg, heated leather sport seats, the six speed Aisin autobox, and navigation- options rarely seen bundled together on a base Cooper. It has 15" non run-flat tires, so replacement costs will be dead cheap. It's deceptively quick, and will cruise all day at 80+ mph. It's a hoot to drive on a twisting two lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back