Daytona 500 Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a stewart guy but none of the shr cars have had any speed
frown.gif
...Id like to see Denny get one...wont be a dry eye in the house if Austin pulls one off....long time SR fan here too
smile.gif

Restrictor plate racing is completely unpredictable and the winner could literally be anyone of the 43 drivers. But, Hamlin is a good choice, he's hot right now, or The Little E, he's won before and has the genes. I'd like to see Carl Edwards get off to a good start for once so I'm pulling for him.

Originally Posted By: KB2008X
Restrictor plate racing is completely unpredictable and the winner could literally be anyone of the 43 drivers.

I SO agree... there's skill involved, no doubt, but there's also a huge random chance factor. I think they should find a way to get rid of the plates and put the racing at Daytona and Talledega back in the driver's hands. I know they've been trying, but its not working. Its still just a huge pack waiting for a wreck- that aint racing.

I can't see any of the Hendrick -powered cars winning ; 3 blew up right off the truck and one inside of 30 laps (78) Methinks it'll be a Penske Ford or RCR .

Originally Posted By: flacoman
I can't see any of the Hendrick -powered cars winning ; 3 blew up right off the truck and one inside of 30 laps (78) Methinks it'll be a Penske Ford or RCR .

Furniture Row Racing uses RCR chassis and engines, not Hendrick.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

ECR engines

Want to get rid of the restrictor plates?

Switch from big block V8 360's
to either V8 318's
or big block V6's....

Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

ECR engines

Basically RCR, Earnhardt has no involvement whatsoever in the corporation. The E has no meaning anymore per Childress. Ganassi even dropped the Earnhardt name from his official team title.

I can't see any of the Hendrick -powered cars winning ; 3 blew up right off the truck and one inside of 30 laps (78)

Good call.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: DSparks
In the kitchen...:)

Where she belongs.

So you think that you could drive that car better than she does?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: DSparks
In the kitchen...:)

Where she belongs.

So you think that you could drive that car better than she does?

No I couldn't. But there are tons of drivers that have way more talent than she does, but they lack the "marketable talent" she has, so they don't get the good rides. Show me any other driver that has made it to the level she has with only one professional win. The Force sisters have multiple wins, and they can say they've earned the ride.

Danica is a really touchy subject. Personally I am not a fan of hers. I think she does have the talent, she certainly has the equipment to win. Did her looks help her get her to where she is? Absolutely it did, no question. What is nice for Stewart Haas is the guaranteed sponsorship for a car and the merchandise sales. Whenever I go to a Cup race the line for Danica's merchandise hauler is just as big as Junior's. Plus it gets girls into the sport which is what NASCAR needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back