Daytona 3-ton low profile jack not pumping car up?? No visible leaks

Only used the jack 4 times in the past 3 years. Mainly for oil changes. Does Harbor Freight fix jacks? I brought it from them.

Bring it in and they will probably give you a new one. I think they are pretty good about warranty.
the "limited" 90 day warranty 3 years later?

The HF warranty.... (lol)
We guarantee the emissions control system on your engine will be free from defects in material and workmanship for two (2) years, provided there has been no improper maintenance, misuse, or abuse of your engine. We guarantee this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 90 days from the date of purchase. Limitations apply.

i have one from HF for well over three years now, works well...i do remember the instructions telling you how to bleed and ad oil. which was one thing that was required before using

FWIW I have a HF jack and its been rock solid. just their warranty on most items now is terrible.

Wait you use a jack for oil changes?? Get some rhino ramps.

Last edited:
FWIW I have a HF jack and its been rock solid. just their warranty on most items now is terrible.

Wait you use a jack for oil changes?? Get some rhino ramps.
I've got rhino ramps. I just don't like driving up on them 😂.

Like others said, add jack oil. Then bleed the air per the instructions that came with it. Mine said to bleed it before first use. Instructions are in the owner’s manual on their website if you’ve thrown it out.

If the fluid level is full bleed the jack. If it needs fluid, top it off, check it for leaks and bleed it.

Some jacks have a relief valve that opens if you try and lift more than it's rated capacity. I've seen the spring break in these and cause oil to bypass as if it were being over loaded.

+1 on the rhino ramps

Yeah, take it back and see what happens. The first one I had is still doing duty in my neighbors garage some 15 years later. The only reason I got a new one, was I needed a low profile jack, and....ok, well I'm gettin older and I wanted aluminum.

Back