David Hasselhoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see/hear Hoff singing on the final episode of "America's got Talent" (or whatever that show is).

HORRIBLE, just horrible !! Even my cat left the room when that was on...
..musta sounded like a wounded tomcat to her.
pat2.gif
crazy.gif

From the wikipedia:
Quote:

Lewis helped establish the Muscular Dystrophy Association in 1952, and has organized a Labor Day telethon to help raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) since 1966. His efforts have helped raise approximately US$2 billion for neuromuscular patient care and research.

Funny?

I'm probably jaded in my judgement....

I get a kick out of these "stars" who put on a well publicised GALA for a cause and raise $100K, when they could cut a check to the charity for a mil and not blink. But where would the acalades be ??

Sorry, but I feel that it's self-serving at different levels but that's just my opinion.

I shouldn't have
laugh.gif
'd out loud.....
wink.gif

2 billion dollars is 2,000 million dollars. 2,000,000,000 bucks. That's a lot of teddybears (even Steiff). I doubt that Jerry Lewis has anything resembling this kind of money. He's been involved in raising large sums of money for 55 years, more years than most people work. The last 20 of those years he has been a very sick man and yet he finds the energy to raise money on a yearly basis.

If you were needy, would you accept money only from those who really have nothing to spare and still give graciously? Don't forget, money is only a commodity (and a boring one at that), money is a means to an end, and money doesn't stink.

MD, a terrible disease

I can't believe that I just read thru all SIX pages of this thread in one sitting!!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

ufo.gif

Where's that smilie of the guy beating his head against the wall?!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back