Dave Mann Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOC

Has anyone read or seen this book on Motor oils and lubrication? If you have is it worth getting?

I read that book. It is VERY informative and what he says is 98% true. Of course with a big Amsoil bias to everything. When he talked about Bypass filters he didn't even mention Motor Guard tp as the most economical filter EVER!

Have you ever seen this clown's website? LOL

It's written as if he is the only engineer online that knows anything about oil. LOL

He claims to have worked for Ford. I wonder why Ford went to BP to create their new spec? Would have been cool if Amsoil was chosen.

I don't have a problem with it. The book may be good. I was referring to Mann's Amsoil site.

Originally Posted By: buster
I don't have a problem with it. The book may be good. I was referring to Mann's Amsoil site.

HaHa. I have not visited his site, now I am curious but I doubt that I will go. I may end up laughing more than my "fun" quota will allow for today.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: buster

HaHa. I have not visited his site, now I am curious but I doubt that I will go. I may end up laughing more than my "fun" quota will allow for today.

{removed non site sponsor link}

In case you want to look anyway
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
The ONLY Mechanical and Truck/Automotive Engineers on the net with 27 years experience specializing in engine, powertrain, chassis engineering, performance and synthetic motor oil lubrication and filtration.

LOL

Darn it buster. I had to look after you made it so easy by linking to his site. What does Ford powertrain engineering have to due with selling Amsoil? He must love his Amsoil, because if I was a recently retired Ford engineer I would be doing something other than jobbing for Amsoil, not that working for Amsoil is a bad job, and I see the benefits of selling Amsoil, after having the knowledge and experience of engine, etc., engineering but Mr. Mann is pretty full of himself. If I where to purchase Amsoil I would just go with Pablo I like him more.

One thing that bothers me about Mann or Mr. Mann is he is Amsoils best...I mean he is the TOP selling man or Mann Amsoil has. I don't see how he can offer customers 25% off retail without signing them up at commercial status rates. Dealers only get 20% off as well as preferred customers. Any one have a clue?

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
One thing that bothers me about Mann or Mr. Mann is he is Amsoils best...I mean he is the TOP selling man or Mann Amsoil has. I don't see how he can offer customers 25% off retail without signing them up at commercial status rates. Dealers only get 20% off as well as preferred customers. Any one have a clue?

Not to reveal to many Amsoil secrets, but it's a combination of company retail, commercial, preferred customer, and personal retail customers.

Selling at cost still earns a dealer commission credits on every item sold. Those percentages add up at the end of the month, especially when you have a powerful down line of dealers under you. However, it's a slow process, and you better be doing it for the love....not the money, if you are doing everything for cost.

Dave Mann is always the #1 monthly ranking Independent Amsoil has. My only gripe with Dave Mann, he's grown so large....he's abandoned some forums with his presence. He never posts on them, benefiting little. Wish he would lift his sponsorship claim and move on.

Quote:
Fact is, every successful major race car in the world uses synthetics, and most of them use AMSOIL synthetics.

LOL. Wow. This guy is a dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back