Daughter first car . I was thinking 2006-2012 Honda Civic

I found a 2013 Civic LX locally for my grand niece who is in the Marine Corps, currently stationed at Camp Pendleton.
It is the last year of the traditional gear transmission and is easy to service. It has been a great car.
I stored it in our back yard when Tati was in Kuwait.
1658941300291.jpg

1658941324807.jpg

I found a 2013 Civic LX locally for my grand niece who is in the Marine Corps, currently stationed at Camp Pendleton.
It is the last year of the traditional gear transmission and is easy to service. It has been a great car.
I stored it in our back yard when Tati was in Kuwait.
View attachment 109925

View attachment 109926
Please pass along a thank you for serving to her.

Nothing wrong with an 8th gen Civic :)

All the 8th gen blocks that are going to crack have already cracked and have already been replaced.

Please pass along a thank you for serving to her.
Thank you, will do.
Here's Tatiana at her HS Graduation in 2019. She joined shortly after... This kid is disciplined, lemme tell ya.
Sue and I flew to Arlington, TX to help celebrate. Her father died 10 years ago, leaving Wendy with 2 sets of twin girls. We are close. I love those kids; they are a good part of my life and give me purpose. I need them.
1658947958707.png

Personally, I like mini-vans like the Honda Odyssey for young drivers. They have significantly fewer deaths per number of miles driven, plus I feel like they discourage reckless driving by taking away all the "coolness" factor for lack of a better term.

I would go with newest generation of vehicle you can afford. Crashworthyness goes way up generation by generation of vehicles. So peek at 2011/2012 in your range because newer generation.

My daughter drove my car on back roads from a young age. Took driving lessons and got her license. We always have at least two cars around so she just borrowed one of ours for the first few years. Finally at age 23 she wanted her own car and requested a manual transmission. My car and my wife's cars are automatics. I helped her pick a used manual transmission car and she was driving it pretty well after about two weeks.

Now she works in an industrial setting, usually in the office and a little bit outside. Once in a while some truck or industrial service equipment will show up with a manual transmission and it has to be moved. A lot of scared big young men hanging staring at the extra pedal. She often has to go out and move it for them. This seems to garner her a lot more respect and changes the men's attitude towards her.

My point is, if your daughter is up to it, driving a stick is a skill that is best learned at a young age and it will pay dividends for many years.

Back