Data usage on cell phone plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
You didn't mention the possibility of using the phone as a wireless access point to tether some other device to the cellular connection for internet, but if you think that is ever going to be a necessity, you need to make sure that aspect of the data plan is allowed and how much data is allotted in the plan before making a decision on which plan to go with.

For example my prepaid ATT plan has unlimited data for the phone, and it allows the tethering option, but it only allows 10GB of data over that shared connection(s).

Other versions of my plan were cheaper but didn't allow the data sharing, and so on and so forth.

FYI-NO hotspots or "tethering" with Tracfone. I've tried to convince them to do it, no dice.

Red Pocket (use ATT)

Have 3 lines $72 a month all fees included, all taxes included. ACTUAL PAYMENT (tethering allowed)
For you, $30 a month for one line, unlimited, talk, text, data. First 5 gigs of every month is high speed for each line. We NEVER have used more then 5 gigs per line, ever.

If your technically challenged then go to ATT Cricket, same deal, more hand holding, technically slightly slower speeds but you would NEVER know. (tethering not allowed)
Choose the 5 gig unlimited everything, $35 a month ACTUAL PAYMENT.

One should NEVER have to wonder if any certain amount of Gigs in data is enough, the plans mentioned here are all unlimited at less money
What surprises me most is the people who pay way too much for phone service, its just a phone and data, what's the big deal? Choose a provider like above, no contract, nothing to lose, DOnt like it, switch the following month or the same month, no contract, this is the way its done in most of the world, except the USA where people rent their phones or take out loans on them and sign service CONTRACTS instead of paying for them like the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Red Pocket (use ATT)

If your technically challenged then go to ATT Cricket, same deal, more hand holding,..

I've read this from you before..

What makes Red Pocket so technically challenging?

I'm just a dummy Cricket customer. $100 all-in for 4 smart phones.

Reading your threads on Cricket over the years is one reason why I have it.

I do understand that you switched to Red Pocket to save a few bucks and get potentially better service. Who wouldn't!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back