Dash Mounted OBD2 Readers

I am interested in using one of these in my vehicles. Specifically in the data the ECU can provide about engine and transmission parameters that the instrument clusters don't support. For example any car with a CVT is sensitive to its fluid temp. Good info to know. Engine oil temp is another piece of data most drivers can't know. Most cars have lots of sensors that are only visible when a threshold is passed.

Anybody have experience with these devices?

images

Give UltraGauge a look…

Note that if a sensor is not present, it cannot be read…

Most cars have an oil pressure switch, witch is an on/off device for turning on the dash light.
They lack the sensor that gives you a variable reading of oil pressure…

Give UltraGauge a look…

There's always Torque Pro as well. $5 app and $15 bluetooth adapter will get you what you're looking for. Just have a spare phone or tablet handy if you don't want to use your daily driver cellphone.

But, its been said before. You'll only be able to see the sensors that are supported on OBDII(And that the vehicle actually has). Factory canbus data requires a little more.

I second the Torque Pro. And there are many manufacturer's plug ins for more specific codes. A good ELM adapter is a must for full benefits. I use OBDlink LX by Scantool. https://www.obdlink.com/support/lxbt/

But I also have an ancient Scangauge in my Accent. If you just want a few parameters and to read codes the Scangauge is a good permanent option.

Back