Dark Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

J

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but do you think Dark Matter could be nothing more than a bunch of black holes?

The definition I found for dark matter on Wikipedia is
"dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter that does not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be observed directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter."

Black holes do not emit or reflect light either, and if a black hole cannot find anything in its neighborhood to consume it is completely invisible.

cheers3.gif

Jae

By definition, it would be a black hole in the sense that nothing reflects nor escapes. But from my limited knowledge, a black hole is a collapsed star. As it collapses, it becomes so dense that all matter around the gravity field gets "sucked" in with it. Now, I wonder, what happens next? The right conditions and it gets hit with matter, then all that energy in the black hole suddenly explodes, akin to the big bang theory. That energy then creates a new sun. All the matter that expanded from the big bang then travels out, but a lot of it gets drawn back end as a gravitational field is created. All the matter that did escape then eventually subcomes into other suns and thus the process eventually repeats itself. The total amount of energy is neither created nor destroyed.
I just wonder, if you look at the whole realm of space, where did "all" that come from? What started it? Where are we? Where does it end?

Originally Posted By: J
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but do you think Dark Matter could be nothing more than a bunch of black holes?

The definition I found for dark matter on Wikipedia is
"dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter that does not emit or reflect enough electromagnetic radiation to be observed directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gravitational effects on visible matter."

Black holes do not emit or reflect light either, and if a black hole cannot find anything in its neighborhood to consume it is completely invisible.

cheers3.gif

Jae

I wouldn't trust any information in Wikipedia as it can be edited by anyone. It's somewhat dodgy.

Here's a link to more reliable information on this subject:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=dark-matter-particle-discovered

Heck, I'm on my 53rd expansion cycle. You just need to jump to an intermediate stable dimension to end up back where you were. If you're smart, you'll avoid a long lay over by hitting up a dimension where the temporal constant is a bit slower than ours ... a good bit. You loafing along ..meanwhile "home base universe" is screaming back to the point you took a hike at ..but in the expansion phase instead of the collapse phase.

I used to be a "flipper" ..but soon learned that there was real gain to reading the listed directory. Remember, portal time credits don't carry over into future evolutions. Use 'em or lose 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back