Dan Fogelberg dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
By the context of your comment, I think you may have meant he was NOT your favorite singer, right?

Ooops. Typing too fast without paying attention.
You're right, he was not my favorite singer by a long shot, but a couple of his songs I liked, when in the right mood.

His song "Same Old Lang Syne" is played a lot this time of year. I absolutely hated the song when it was current, but for some reason began to appreciate it over the last few years. Sad...

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm waiting for Kenny G to pass the sax.

Is it embedded/impacted?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm waiting for Kenny G to pass the sax.

Is it embedded/impacted?

It needs to be.

I have a Dan story for you.

A couple of older friends retired a few years ago and moved to Pagosa Springs. They were cutting their own logs to build a cabin. The husband had to leave town overnight on business and the wife decided to stay at the nearly completed cabin. It was a pretty remote area with no close neighbors.

After dark, she saw a campfire light a half mile or so down the road. Being pretty independent and not having met any bad people since they moved, she takes off walking down the road to check it out.

She finds a guy sitting around the campfire, living in a teepee and building his own cabin by himself. She says he's an indian looking guy, very polite. He tells her his name is Dan Fogelberg, and he thinks it's cool she's never heard of him. He shows her the progress on his cabin, and invites her to come back anytime to visit.

Not long after their cabin is built, her husband dies and she moves away. I wonder if she read the news yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Ron Jeremy
His song "Same Old Lang Syne" is played a lot this time of year. I absolutely hated the song when it was current, but for some reason began to appreciate it over the last few years. Sad...

I didn't just like that song. I lived it.

RIP, Dan!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MarkC
Yes, but what's more sad is that Bon Jovi stll lives.

In Bon Jovi's case, it's the music that dies.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: Ron Jeremy

I didn't just like that song. I lived it.

RIP, Dan!

Please post a video of Fogelberg. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back