Damaged/defective purflux filter?

Hi everyone, I ordered some purflux filters recently and just recieved them today. I opened to inspect them and found one on the far right has some large pleat spacing. It looks to me like it's a factory defect, but would like to confirm before I email the supplier. As a side note, all four are stamped made in France, and they're for a Mk6 CR tdi

Attachments

• 20221125_125435.jpg
    20221125_125435.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221125_125443.jpg
    20221125_125443.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221125_125450.jpg
    20221125_125450.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 60
Is it the extra spacing around the seamed pleat, that you feel is a defect? Is the filter media damaged around the pleat? Or is the seam not fully sealed? From what I can see in the picture, the seam appears to be sealed along it's entire length.

If the only concern is the extra spacing and uneven pattern at the seam, I would have no problem putting that filter in my car. It is totally normal to see uneven spacing and shape of the pleats at the seam. Particularly on Purflux filters. Not because of any defect, but more because of the zig zag design. Overall, this pattern makes anything that is different stand out. But that does not make the filter bad.

Is it the extra spacing around the seamed pleat, that you feel is a defect? Is the filter media damaged around the pleat? Or is the seam not fully sealed? From what I can see in the picture, the seam appears to be sealed along it's entire length.

If the only concern is the extra spacing and uneven pattern at the seam, I would have no problem putting that filter in my car. It is totally normal to see uneven spacing and shape of the pleats at the seam. Particularly on Purflux filters. Not because of any defect, but more because of the zig zag design. Overall, this pattern makes anything that is different stand out. But that does not make the filter bad.
It's not torn or anything, but because of the different, uneven shape and farther spaced pleats at the seam versus the other 3, it leads me to believe that the one on the right might be damaged, but I don't have any experience with these filters and media pattern, hence why I wanted to get some opinions here before I emailed the supplier. If the the filter on the far right is considered normal versus the other 3, then I have no problem running it

Back