Dallas DA is nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is crazy.
The new DA says that it is now legal to shoplift certain items.
He said necessary items like milk,diapers,cereal and others will no longer be prosecuted and no arrests will happen to the thieves.
If the news on TV is correct,this is going to be a mess.
What happens to a store owner that shoots a thief?
The local store is not a food pantry.
This makes no sense.

The good businesses will close up shop and move to areas where the law protects them. The only stores that will remain will be shoddy quick stops that sell hot dogs and soda.

Which is why appeasement never works in the long run.

I guess the 'Food Stamps' don't go far enough these days.....Is this guy another Soros funded DA like Kim Foxx?

Same w/ the Suffolk County DA here....baffling and frustrating.

"Rollins introduced her pledge not to prosecute 15 low-level offenses when she ran for district attorney in 2018...."
"The crimes include trespassing, shoplifting, larceny, disorderly conduct, threats, possession of alcohol for minors, possession of non-marijuana drugs, possession with intent to distribute, destruction of property, breaking and entering to escape cold or sleep, driving with a suspended license, and several others, even when attached to another charge."

Reputable link:Suffolk DA

Oh, and IBTL!

Theft of necessary items is going to put him in a sticky wicket for sure. That said, I think the approach on some other topics aren't that bad. Not prosecuting first time marijuana posession, referring criminal trespass to mental health services and reducing probation lengths for misdemeanors all cut down on money that is, IMO, a waste of taxpayer dollars. I like his general idea of reducing recidivism. I think the policy on theft is going to backfire on him badly and take the progress in other areas down with it, though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pbm
I guess the 'Food Stamps' don't go far enough these days.....Is this guy another Soros funded DA like Kim Foxx?

They have a lot in common.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
Time for a special recall vote of the DA.

...fulfilling a campaign promise he made last fall.

Recall someone for doing exactly what they said they were going to do? Sounds like another waste of taxpayer money.

I thought those running for office were supposed to actually do what they promised to do. Has that become so rare that you want to punish them for it instead?

"Theft of Necessary Items

Creuzot said his office will not prosecute theft cases where the value is under $750 unless the evidence shows the theft was for economic gain.

"Study after study shows that when we arrest, jail, and convict people for non-violent crimes committed out of necessity, we only prevent that person from gaining the stability necessary to lead a law-abiding life. Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community's health and safety," Creuzot said."

That's crazy talk.

Announcing it like this will open the flood gates. The stores are not going to take this lying down either.

Plus, this will not stop with the stores. What happens when people raid your cart while on the way out to your car?

Bad idea all around.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Announcing it like this will open the flood gates. The stores are not going to take this lying down either.

Plus, this will not stop with the stores. What happens when people raid your cart while on the way out to your car?

Bad idea all around.

I would say incredibly, monumentally stupid all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back