Dad commited suicide yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, although I can't imagine how much pain you are in, I know how much pain i was in when my 18 year old son suicides in his 18th birthday 20 years ago. Hang in there the pain does lessen over time. I will recommend that you contact the American foundation for suicide prevention and find a local support group. Many are even free or a donation of your choosing. The group i chose was a huge help in my recovery. If you need someone to talk to, PM me and I will respond with my cell#. Best of luck to you in the future

I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm sure he wouldn't want you to spend your life worrying about what happened.

I echo the sentiments of the other members here.
Take good care of yourself.
The older I get the more I realize you never know what tomorrow will bring.
I don't deal well with loss myself and I suspect most don't.
My sincerest condolences.

this is not good. i know about this. my youngest son did that in 2014. he was 26. I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, I wish you and your family the best and hope the memories shared with them where good ones.

We had a similar event with my father many years back, my father's marriage with my mother ended. He turned to alcohol as a cruch and proceed to gamble away about $100,000 in savings and tried to commit suicide. We where lucky and he was able to recover but you never really know when stuff like this will happen.

Many folks worry about others and try to carry the weight of struggles on their own in hopes it will not effect others. They don't say things and stuff like this typically comes out of the blue.

Take time to speak to your loved ones as we all will depart one day and that day is uncertain. Life is a wonderful thing and stuff like grudges are not worth severing ties with family as events like this could very well be the last time you have any contact with them.

Once again I am deeply sorry for your traggic loss and hope you and your family remembers them for who they where and not how they where when it ended.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My Dad took his life when I was 16. Carbon Monoxide from his truck tailpipe. He flipped out after my license was pulled for a small fender bender. I blamed myself for years. Took 16 years to understand it was being in a machine gun nest in Korea that killed him one memory at time.

I hope you can get support from family, friends, or a professional. My mistake was going it alone too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back