CZ To Acquire Colt

Another good old American company gone down the tubes, now owned by a former pinko county company. In the words of Howie Carr How many more Mr Speaker how many more.
It is not they cant make good stuff, a lot of good quality products come from the Czech Republic its just the fact that its another US company gone and owned by an foreign entity.

Sad in a nostalgic way for me but Colt management was a consistent hot mess. The constant bankruptcies and posturing sure did look like, to this layman anyway, that they were positioning for the purpose of being bought out. The fact it took so long IMHO speaks to just how rancid the management structure was. And I'm sure Colt was asking far too high a price. The lack of innovation on Colt's part was really a horrible thing to see.

I even look at H&K and wonder how they have stayed afloat all these years. Great engineering and a solid product but years of very little innovation.

Another good old American company gone down the tubes, now owned by a former pinko county company. In the words of Howie Carr How many more Mr Speaker how many more.
It is not they cant make good stuff, a lot of good quality products come from the Czech Republic its just the fact that its another US company gone and owned by an foreign entity.
Yes and Colt and us have their own management to blame.... Been a long time coming, but Colt's story is one of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

CZ does make a good product though.

I remember reading in a gun magazine in the mid 1990's (not sure which one as I subscribed to several at the time), that the average Colt employee at that time was 67 yrs. old.

Always found that interesting. I'm guessing the average Colt factory employee many years ago probably was hired when they were in their mid/ late teens, and then apprenticed to become toolmakers/machinists, assemblers, etc., as was the norm back then. Plus the fact that many Colt employees were represented by United Auto Workers helped the wage scale and benefits leading to lengthy careers.

Still waiting on CZ to bring back the 357 and 44 Dan Wesson revolvers.... waiting, waiting, waiting,

Sad, but Colt hasn't made anything I'd consider worth buying or waiting for..... just overhyped and overpriced

Still waiting on CZ to bring back the 357 and 44 Dan Wesson revolvers.... waiting, waiting, waiting,

Sad, but Colt hasn't made anything I'd consider worth buying or waiting for..... just overhyped and overpriced

Civilian market yes. Mil and LE models were built quite well. Speaking M16. If you are going to war it's a Top Tier M16 your going with; LMT, Noveske, Colt :cool: Colt's civilian side was not the same robust, dependable product. They really missed an entire market of civilian sales when in reality it was THEIR market to have.

CZ82, commie blowback action 9x18mm Makarov. The are fantastically accurate, highly reliable pistols. Very nice ergonomics too.

Colt made an iconic 1911 .45 ACP (series 70) and Python .357 magnum revolver ... That's about the only thing that comes to mind from Colt over the last 80 years or so .

Civilian market yes. Mil and LE models were built quite well. Speaking M16. If you are going to war it's a Top Tier M16 your going with; LMT, Noveske, Colt :cool: Colt's civilian side was not the same robust, dependable product. They really missed an entire market of civilian sales when in reality it was THEIR market to have.
I thought FN surpassed Colt as the contract supplier of M4/M16 rifles? LMT? Noveske? For who? SOCOM?

Back