Cyberdyne stands behind its product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may recall that I had a defective sender on my filter setup. I called Cyberdyne tech support and they agreed that it was faulty. They said that they would send me a new sender.

It took a while ..but it did indeed arrive ..at no charge. This was merely over the phone ..no reciept hassle ..no this or that. Just "okay ..give me your address and we'll send it out after we get a new shippment in.".

So, for those of you considering these gauges, you can feel somewhat confident that you're not swinging in the breeze on any issues that you may have with them. Very good and thorough tech support (the one lady that I talked with anyway).

btw- when all else fails ..read the instructions. These gauges have a few more features then just a digital display. They flash below a certain PSI (from a constant reading)and that this figure is adjustable if you do a few readings from the Cyberdyne magic book (sequence of powering up and a button). I can see why they need a tech support line. Those of us with just a little too much experience and knowledge tend to figure it's all good without consulting the instructions.
wink.gif

No wonder I felt compelled to say, "I'll be back" when she asked if I would buy them again....
smile.gif

I have had a Cyberdyne fuel pressure gauge for about a year and a half and it works well except that it underreads, it shows 11psi when the actual pressure is 15psi.

ted= was that the vendor or the company??
george: Didn't tech support give you remedy ..or did you just accept the 4psi offset?

I just accepted the 4psi offset. The gauge is installed on a 1999 Cummins ISB on a work truck and its purpose is to alert the company drivers to a possible problem if the fuel pressure drops below 8 psi, so I just programmed the gauge to flash at 4 psi instead of 8 psi.

The Cyberdyne gauges sound cool. Many months ago I ordered numerous Cyberdyne gauges from Summit. Summit stocks only the red but will special order the amber or green, and I wanted green. I'm still waiting for a couple gauges to arrive, but that's OK because I haven't had time to even open the boxes yet much less install them. I'm excited! I have Autometer procomp analog gauges in my other car which I like too.

Something I read about Cyberdyne gauges in some other forum that I thought was funny was something like 'looks really ricey and the person behind you on the freeway will be able to clearly monitor your oil pressure'.

The Cyberdyne gauges are very bright and can be very annoying at night but in my case our work truck is driven mostly in the daytime and the gauge is mounted very low on the dash, so it is about two feet below eye level.

George

They have a dimmer feature. That's the fourth wire that you see on it (purple or violet) It's also the one you power first (by turning lights on with ign off) to see the warning blinking level.

PorQpine,

Funny you should say that. Mine are on the top of my instrument cluster (on the dash top). I see people approach me at a fairly high rate of speed to pass me. They then pause ..and then appear to proceed with caution ...like I'm some kinda "covert cop" with advanced electronic speed monitoring stuff inside. They finally integrate that it's an old minivan and an unlikely chase car and move on.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back