cvt fluid subaru outback

hello, I’m confused about cvt oil type I need in a 2019 subaru outback 3.6R. I found a chart on website asking for CVT-HT orange color.

my dealer sold it oil only in 5 gallons jug.

too much for my oil change.

they ask $525CAD +tx for cvt service.

I’m sure I can do it my-self cheaper than this with oem fluid, but the oem fluid very hard to find in small quantity.

my second point is, one dealer say the correct oil part number is SCi810011 and an other one say SOA748V0200.

this is two type of oil or are the same, I’m trying to solve that.

any advice?

IMG_7980.jpg

I wrestled with this same problem. My vehicle is not a Subaru and has a JATCO cvt but I think there are enough similarites to help. First, the type of fluid to use. Your '19 Outback (from the chart) requires 'green' fluid. My Suzuki specs 'green' fluid also. I use Valvoline CVT fluid purchased at Walmart. It is fairly inexpensive (as trans fluids go). I've had good luck with it and my method of replacement makes it a simple job. I'll leave a link to Valvoline below. If it is ambiguous give them a call and ask about Subie compatability.

My method; first buy a fluid extractor on Ebay ~$25. I have two because they are cheap. Next buy 4 qts. of fluid, more if you need. Then park the car on a level surface. I don't warm the car first, ambient temp. My theory is replace one fluid with another at the same temp. Siphon out as much fluid as possible. Accurately replace with the same amount. My car has a dipstick which makes this easy. If the Subie does not it might be necessary to put the car level on jack stands and introduce the new fluid with a pump. Either way extract fluid and replace ~every 15-20K miles.

Has worked for me.

I don't think any of the aftermarket CVT fluids are orange, so in that case, use an amber color fluid like Valvoline.

Amalie's CVT fluids are also amber in color. So is Lubegard's complete CVT fluid.

I don't know what color the Recochem CVT fluid is :unsure:

This looks like it may be what you are looking for.

hello, I’m confused about cvt oil type I need in a 2019 subaru outback 3.6R. I found a chart on website asking for CVT-HT orange color.

my dealer sold it oil only in 5 gallons jug.

too much for my oil change.

they ask $525CAD +tx for cvt service.

I’m sure I can do it my-self cheaper than this with oem fluid, but the oem fluid very hard to find in small quantity.

my second point is, one dealer say the correct oil part number is SCi810011 and an other one say SOA748V0200.

this is two type of oil or are the same, I’m trying to solve that.

any advice?

View attachment 224669
Call all the dealerships within range of you, IIRC my 2.5 CVT change was ~$225 alone. I wasn't signing up for their "packages". I wanted the dealer to do it for keeping the extended CVT warranty but now I'm out of it so I'll probably do it myself next time.

This looks like it may be what you are looking for.

yes i had found that but i’m from canada, so this is a long ride for me.
maybe they can ship? do you know?

Back