CV shaft recommendations, 02 Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 02 S had aftermarket ones installed, no idea of the brand, and after a year they are toast. They are easily moved up and down under the car..
I am looking for the best rated brand you all have heard or dealt with..
Chinese [censored] definitely is bad, and there has to be something better out there.

Good used ones rebooted with OE boots or Rockford boots and new grease. Rehashing your old ones is not really an alternative as they don't use the OE shaft.

Thanks. But, there is nothing out that says we are built this way? Its Advance, Duralast, Precision, Cardone..
I have no idea why CV shafts are so difficult for the aftermarket to rebuild or remanufacture correctly to OEM standards.

There are no more OEM parts available for my 02 Corolla, unless someone has one that is just sitting around, or a car that was wrecked in the rear..

Near me is a competent shaft shop. Maybe there's one near you.

If you want the address you could even put it into a cardboard tube and send it to them. Turn around would be quick enough.

I brought 'em my Volvo shafts and it was no problem.

Does Raxles do the reman for your car?

Otherwise, there's the reman Cardone axles at various auto parts stores (Napa and Autozone reman axles are A1 Cardone). They only rebuild OE cores and scrap any non-OE cores they receive.

Napa Remans seem good to me. Lots of people on my Liberty forum use them with no issues, including me.

Only one in town was/is a duralast gold. its going in right now.. I need the car driveable by Monday.. Sux, but it is what it is.

If OEM and OEM remanufactured axles are not available, your best option may be low mileage wrecking yard axles.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
My new Duralast axles are still good after 15k miles *knock on wood*
Yeah I never had a problem with Duralast axles on a Toyota Avalon and another car I forgot about
Anyhow the Duralast axle I put on the Avalon was still good after over 100k and ten years.

Well, vibration is gone. Old one was definitely broke.
Last one was remanufactured in USA according to sticker on it. DR13 8266.. Whatever that relates too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back