"Cutting You Off to Save The Environment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pontual
I'm no english native speaker, but for me the guy is just making fun, like "I'm going to save the environment, so I just overtook you".
That's my view. It is a humurous thing.

Your post made more sense than a lot of the text keyed by many on the internet who I'd assume are native to english! Good job.

Originally Posted By: TWG1572
There is a car I occasionally see in the work parking lot that has a "Cutting You Off to Save The Environment" bumper sticker on it.

The only google search result for this exact text goes back to this BITOG thread. Are you sure you've got the text of this bumper sticker correct?

Anyway, if I had to guess, to me it means... I forced you to slow down, so you'll burn less gas.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
If you have any old brake pads leave them on the hood of his car with a note that says "you caused me to wear out my asbestos brake pads, please be more courteous so that we can save the planet together...I'm tired of doing it all by myself"

I love that! Two thumps up!

To me it is a very poor attempt at humor - kind of like "joking" about bombs in an airport or telling people you have Ebola when you don't.

I'm glad most prii have finally shed the 1.20.09 stickers. I COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT!!!

A true steward to their cause would show leadership, the opposite of alienating with offensive bumper stickers.

If I were to drive aggressively, I'd make sure my car was as generic as possible... even avoiding vanity plates, and doing it in-state so I'm not blamed for my actions as being a jerk from away.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The owner is implying that by cutting you off they are forcing you to hypermile along with them.

Beat me to it.

I'm guessing they are one of the people who has no concept of how cars operate, and assumes slow = better for the environment. More speed must mean more gas! Lets just ignore the fact that most conventional vehicles are more efficient in a higher gear. Never mind that conventional vehicles get 0 MPG at 0 MPH, and having to hit the brakes for a meandering, wandering, misguided idiot on a supposed mission from mother nature doesn't exactly make for efficient driving.

I hope people don't think I'm some sort of enviro-nut when I get my Elio like they do with Prius owners...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The only google search result for this exact text goes back to this BITOG thread. Are you sure you've got the text of this bumper sticker correct?

I kind of suspected it was a fake story to get the prius bashing going again.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

I kind of suspected it was a fake story to get the prius bashing going again.

Maybe it was the guy that pulled out in front of you?

There is a car I occasionally see in the work parking lot that has a "Cutting You Off to Save The Environment" bumper sticker on it.

The only google search result for this exact text goes back to this BITOG thread.

You have to turn off safe search and private results.

The oldeset search result is this divorce site, from 2010:
http://www.divorce360.com/blogs/2010/4/13/jhs/the-good-the-bad-and-the-idiot-blog-31087

I have a cute blue Prius. I love it. I have a Chihuahua too. I ordered it sight unseen after watching Jeff Dunham one night on the comedy channel. Filled it up completely today for $21.

My soon-to-be-ex had a soon-to-be-disbarred attorney the first time around. Told him he wouldn't have to pay child support if he accused me of abuse. He's now my ex. I'm glad his attorney was sued by three of his formal clients and couldn't handle the divorce any longer.

I am going to make a new bumper sticker: "If you drove like me, you'd get 50 mpg too!" or how about "Cutting You Off to Save the Environment". Teach those darn pig SUV's what being a tree-hugger is all about.

Originally Posted By: spackard
You have to turn off safe search and private results.

That's how I have it set up. Nothing showed up previously. But now that you posted this, the divorce360 link does show up.

I'd bet that the bumper sticker comes off the first time the driver cuts someone off when they're having a bad day.
It's never a good idea to antagonize anonymous others around you and this bumper sticker is antagonizing to nearly anyone.
There are areas of every town where the locals would consider this bumper sticker a challenge and there won't be anyone else there willing to get involved in any way.

Very confusing message. My guess would be it means this car is so slow so it has to cut you off when merging, but hey, it saves the environment (in a not so humble attitude).

These are the stickers I have on my car.

a3f2hu.jpg

sd1sh0.jpg

They better be careful where they drive. Someday an irritated redneck is going to run them off the road to save his environment (the road he thinks he owns).
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
^almost as silly as the sticker OP found^
BUT mine are for humorous purposes. I love controversial humor, so if it offends a Prius driver on my morning commute, it'll put a smile on my face. I find my global warming sticker funny because it's on a car that gets 40 mpg commuting around town (using less of Earth's resources) and doesn't have a battery that's damaging to the environment. It also does 10k mile OCI's using less oil.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I hope people don't think I'm some sort of enviro-nut when I get my Elio like they do with Prius owners...

If you get one of those, keep it in the closet about it around here or risk getting driven off this website.

I believe the sticker is saying they will cut you off in orDer to slow you down in order to keep you from driving fast and ruining the planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back