Cutting Bulk Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I eat the chocolate peanut butter on toasted 12-grain Tim Horton bagles (and sometimes on cinnamon/raisin bagles).

Nutella is good off the spoon. Think it has hazelnuts in it. Reminds me of those chocolatty things at the 7-11 store called Ice Cube as I think those had hazelnuts too, and they're very tasty.

I also eat almond butter. Haven't seen hazelnut butter, sounds interesting.

I ordered my chocolate peanut butter and a few other assorted indulgences yesterday!! Thanks for the sourcing info TP!
thumbsup2.gif

Here's what you need. It sonds stupid, but hear me out...

Get about 12" of clean steel wire (welding wire works well), a couple test leads, and a 6 volt lantern battery. (You see where this is going?)
You'll need something to hold the ends (wrap it around a couple screwdrivers), but take the wire and stretch it taut, connect one test lead to each end, and connect them to the battery. The wire will heat up, and you'll zip right thru the chocolate!

I sort of invented this when I was trying to precisely cut some styrofoam insulation. Worked great!

You might have to expiriment with wire gauge and voltage, but this is what I used and it worked fine. Over time, the wire would get brittle, but it was easily replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back